2006.otl

thomas.hertneky

I am one of those MS Windows guys.
It looks like the Outline Calendar would be nice to use,
but I got no bash.

I got the 2005.otl from the download.
Could someone send a 2006.otl or
put it where I can get it or tell me where it is already?

Thank you.

Tom Hertneky

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails..

Re: 2006.otl

Stefan Schmiedl
[hidden email] (29.11. 15:57):

> I am one of those MS Windows guys.
> It looks like the Outline Calendar would be nice to use,
> but I got no bash.
>
> I got the 2005.otl from the download.
> Could someone send a 2006.otl or
> put it where I can get it or tell me where it is already?

I'll set something up for the next few years.
Hold on. I'll be right back.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: 2006.otl

Stefan Schmiedl
Stefan Schmiedl (29.11. 22:19):

> [hidden email] (29.11. 15:57):
>

> > I am one of those MS Windows guys.
> > It looks like the Outline Calendar would be nice to use,
> > but I got no bash.
> >
> > I got the 2005.otl from the download.
> > Could someone send a 2006.otl or
> > put it where I can get it or tell me where it is already?
>
> I'll set something up for the next few years.
> Hold on. I'll be right back.

Here you go:   http://xss.de/cgi-bin/vo_calgen.rb

Drop me a note, if it does stupid things.
s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: 2006.otl

Peter Princz
Hi Stefan,

it is wonderful, far from stupid.
It's me the stupid. :(
(Btw, new to the list, so that was my intro.)

I just wanted to replace "_" with "." in the dates, but only in the
dates. Unfortunately, underscore is also used in checkmarks, and I
checkmarkified already, so came up with this, but doesn't work in
vim6.4 for Windows:

:%s/\(\d)_\(\d)/\1.\2/gc

I couldn't resolve this with what I know about regexps and with the
help of the help.
Could you point me in the right direction?

Tp stay ontopic, this (asking for the delimiter character in dates)
could be a small enhancement request to you. Regexply challenged folks
like me would be happy with it... :)

Have a nice day,
  Peter

On 29/11/05, Stefan Schmiedl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stefan Schmiedl (29.11. 22:19):
>
> > [hidden email] (29.11. 15:57):
> >

> > > I am one of those MS Windows guys.
> > > It looks like the Outline Calendar would be nice to use,
> > > but I got no bash.
> > >
> > > I got the 2005.otl from the download.
> > > Could someone send a 2006.otl or
> > > put it where I can get it or tell me where it is already?
> >
> > I'll set something up for the next few years.
> > Hold on. I'll be right back.
>
> Here you go:   http://xss.de/cgi-bin/vo_calgen.rb
>
> Drop me a note, if it does stupid things.
> s.
>
> --
> Stefan Schmiedl

Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: 2006.otl

Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
Hi Stefan,

Did I remember to say Thanks?

I tried it with weeknames in Spanish and it works.

For me, Sunday comes after Saturday, not before Monday - no problem
because your script outputs full months anyway.

I tried adding a subtree (with "\t") in "Diary topics" but that didn't
work.  Never mind.

I find it very useful.  Thanks!

Lucas
>> Here you go:   http://xss.de/cgi-bin/vo_calgen.rb

Re: 2006.otl

Steve Litt
On Thursday 01 December 2005 06:31 am, Peter Princz wrote:

> I just wanted to replace "_" with "." in the dates, but only in the
> dates. Unfortunately, underscore is also used in checkmarks, and I
> checkmarkified already, so came up with this, but doesn't work in
>
> vim6.4 for Windows:
> :%s/\(\d)_\(\d)/\1.\2/gc

If I remember correctly, I escape both parentheses in a group:

:%s/\(\d\)_\(\d\)/\1.\2/gc

Try that and see what happens.

Also, when you say it doesn't work -- does it say it can't find the pattern,
or replace with the wrong stuff, or what? What is the text of the errror
message, if any?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: 2006.otl

Peter Princz
Thank you for the input.
Now it works! It was the \ missing in the parentheses, will
doublecheck in the help why...

In my solution it was E54: Unmatched \( followed by an E476: Invalid
command, and troubleshooting led me to think problem is with the
search pattern, i.e. /\(\d)_\(\d) reports the same, but /\d_\d works
without error, only with false hits. (Finds every underscore, even
those in checkboxes.)

Thank you,
  Peter

On 01/12/05, Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thursday 01 December 2005 06:31 am, Peter Princz wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to replace "_" with "." in the dates, but only in the
> > dates. Unfortunately, underscore is also used in checkmarks, and I
> > checkmarkified already, so came up with this, but doesn't work in
> >
> > vim6.4 for Windows:
> > :%s/\(\d)_\(\d)/\1.\2/gc
>
> If I remember correctly, I escape both parentheses in a group:
>
> :%s/\(\d\)_\(\d\)/\1.\2/gc
>
> Try that and see what happens.
>
> Also, when you say it doesn't work -- does it say it can't find the pattern,
> or replace with the wrong stuff, or what? What is the text of the errror
> message, if any?
>
> SteveT
>

> Steve Litt
> Founder and acting president: GoLUG
> http://www.golug.org

Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.

Re: 2006.otl

Stefan Schmiedl
Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz (01.12. 12:37):

> I tried it with weeknames in Spanish and it works.

Dang. If I had remembered to log the requests, I'd have a nice
translation library to offer in a dropdown.

> For me, Sunday comes after Saturday, not before Monday - no problem
> because your script outputs full months anyway.

errrm ... the weekday sequence is "dictated" by the way "day-of-week"
is calculated: sunday is 0 ... saturday is 6. And by forcing the user
to enter the days in this sequence I save myself the hassle of
recalculating based on locale.

> I tried adding a subtree (with "\t") in "Diary topics" but that didn't
> work.  Never mind.

Could you post an example of what the result should look like?

> I find it very useful.  Thanks!

You've just made my day.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: 2006.otl

Stefan Schmiedl
Peter Princz (01.12. 12:31):

> I just wanted to replace "_" with "." in the dates, but only in the

heh... that's the *only* parameter setting from the original script
that I've not shown. Will do so now.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: 2006.otl

Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
>>I tried it with weeknames in Spanish and it works.
>Dang. If I had remembered to log the requests, I'd have a nice
translation library to offer in a dropdown.

Here's my part:

English Spanish/Español

Sunday Domingo
Monday Lunes
Tuesday Martes
Wednesday Miércoles
Thursday Jueves
Friday Viernes
Saturday Sábado

January Enero
February Febrero
March Marzo
April Abril
May Mayo
June Junio
July Julio
August Agosto
September Septiembre
October Octubre
November Noviembre
December Diciembre

>>I tried adding a subtree (with "\t") in "Diary topics" but that didn't
work.  Never mind.
>Could you post an example of what the result should look like?

not just this

for each date
        work
        home