ANN: 6.3.075 executables for W32

A.J.Mechelynck
Hi Vimmers,

Bram published earlier today a new (75th) patch for Vim 6.3:

Problem: After unloading another buffer, syntax highlighting in
                the current buffer may be wrong when it uses
                "containedin". (Eric Arnold)

The corresponding bugfixed executables (with and without GUI+OLE, with
and without debugging information) are now available: see
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/#ajm for more information
and/or download.

Happy Vimming!

Re: ANN: 6.3.075 executables for W32

Eric Arnold

Wow.  Mana from heaven.  I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but I
didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that the
root cause was "containedin", heh ).

Thanks, Bram, Tony!

Eric Arnold wrote:
> Wow.  Mana from heaven.  I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but I
> didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that the
> root cause was "containedin", heh ).
>
> Thanks, Bram, Tony!

New patches for Vim 6.3 are published on the vim-dev list and appear at
about the same time on the FTP server. I try to compile them no more
than 24 hours afterwards (unless, of course, I am absent from the
computer for longer than that.)

Of course, my system is W32 only. For other platforms, AFAIK it's still
"compile your own". ;-)

Re: ANN: 6.3.075 executables for W32

robert h-2

"A. J. Mechelynck" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Eric Arnold wrote:
>> Wow.  Mana from heaven.  I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but
>> didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that
>> the
>> root cause was "containedin", heh ).
>>
>> Thanks, Bram, Tony!
>
> New patches for Vim 6.3 are published on the vim-dev list and appear at
> about the same time on the FTP server. I try to compile them no more
> than 24 hours afterwards (unless, of course, I am absent from the
> computer for longer than that.)
>
> Of course, my system is W32 only. For other platforms, AFAIK it's still
> "compile your own". ;-)
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

I much appreciate the effort!