ANN: digraphs outside of Vim

A. S. Budden
All,

As my job has changed over the years, I find myself spending less time
using Vim and (alas) more time using Outlook.  However, one of my
favourite features of Vim for typing (with Pandoc or whatever) is
simplicity of entering symbols using Ctrl-K and a two-letter
representation of the symbol.

I liked the feature so much that a few years ago I made a little
python program (also available compiled as a Windows executable) to
make those digraphs available in any application.  It is only really
for Windows, although the core GUI and digraph code can run anywhere
python/PySide runs.

Anyway, in case this is of interest to other Vim users, I thought I'd
announce it here.

The source code and instructions are available at
https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph

The Windows executable is here: https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/downloads/

There is a handy table of the digraphs I use most often here:
https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/raw/tip/digraph_table_landscape.pdf

Al

Re: ANN: digraphs outside of Vim

Shlomi Fish-2
On Mon, 28 May 2018 20:00:09 +0100
"A. S. Budden" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> As my job has changed over the years, I find myself spending less time
> using Vim and (alas) more time using Outlook.  However, one of my
> favourite features of Vim for typing (with Pandoc or whatever) is
> simplicity of entering symbols using Ctrl-K and a two-letter
> representation of the symbol.
>
> I liked the feature so much that a few years ago I made a little
> python program (also available compiled as a Windows executable) to
> make those digraphs available in any application.  It is only really
> for Windows, although the core GUI and digraph code can run anywhere
> python/PySide runs.
>
> Anyway, in case this is of interest to other Vim users, I thought I'd
> announce it here.
>
> The source code and instructions are available at
> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph
>
> The Windows executable is here:
> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/downloads/
>
> There is a handy table of the digraphs I use most often here:
> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/raw/tip/digraph_table_landscape.pdf
>
> Al

Thanks, Al! But what is the LICENSE? See
https://github.com/shlomif/Freenode-programming-channel-FAQ/blob/master/FAQ.mdwn#i-want-to-release-my-code---which-open-source-licence-should-i-use

On 30 May 2018 at 17:52, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 May 2018 20:00:09 +0100
> "A. S. Budden" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> As my job has changed over the years, I find myself spending less time
>> using Vim and (alas) more time using Outlook.  However, one of my
>> favourite features of Vim for typing (with Pandoc or whatever) is
>> simplicity of entering symbols using Ctrl-K and a two-letter
>> representation of the symbol.
>>
>> I liked the feature so much that a few years ago I made a little
>> python program (also available compiled as a Windows executable) to
>> make those digraphs available in any application.  It is only really
>> for Windows, although the core GUI and digraph code can run anywhere
>> python/PySide runs.
>>
>> Anyway, in case this is of interest to other Vim users, I thought I'd
>> announce it here.
>>
>> The source code and instructions are available at
>> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph
>>
>> The Windows executable is here:
>> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/downloads/
>>
>> There is a handy table of the digraphs I use most often here:
>> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/raw/tip/digraph_table_landscape.pdf
>>
>> Al
>>

> Thanks, Al! But what is the LICENSE? See
> https://github.com/shlomif/Freenode-programming-channel-FAQ/blob/master/FAQ.mdwn#i-want-to-release-my-code---which-open-source-licence-should-i-use

Hi Shlomi,

Ah! Good point - I'd been using it for so long that I'd forgotten
about such things.

I've added a LICENCE.txt to the repository (MIT licence).

Al

Re: ANN: digraphs outside of Vim

Shlomi Fish-2
On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 18:18:32 +0100
"A. S. Budden" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 30 May 2018 at 17:52, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 May 2018 20:00:09 +0100
> > "A. S. Budden" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> As my job has changed over the years, I find myself spending less time
> >> using Vim and (alas) more time using Outlook.  However, one of my
> >> favourite features of Vim for typing (with Pandoc or whatever) is
> >> simplicity of entering symbols using Ctrl-K and a two-letter
> >> representation of the symbol.
> >>
> >> I liked the feature so much that a few years ago I made a little
> >> python program (also available compiled as a Windows executable) to
> >> make those digraphs available in any application.  It is only really
> >> for Windows, although the core GUI and digraph code can run anywhere
> >> python/PySide runs.
> >>
> >> Anyway, in case this is of interest to other Vim users, I thought I'd
> >> announce it here.
> >>
> >> The source code and instructions are available at
> >> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph
> >>
> >> The Windows executable is here:
> >> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/downloads/
> >>
> >> There is a handy table of the digraphs I use most often here:
> >> https://bitbucket.org/abudden/digraph/raw/tip/digraph_table_landscape.pdf
> >>
> >> Al
> >>

> > Thanks, Al! But what is the LICENSE? See
> > https://github.com/shlomif/Freenode-programming-channel-FAQ/blob/master/FAQ.mdwn#i-want-to-release-my-code---which-open-source-licence-should-i-use
>
> Hi Shlomi,
>
> Ah! Good point - I'd been using it for so long that I'd forgotten
> about such things.
>
> I've added a LICENCE.txt to the repository (MIT licence).

Many thanks! I've been using this script to find repositories without README or
LICENSE files -
https://github.com/shlomif/shlomif-computer-settings/blob/master/shlomif-settings/home-bin-executables/bin/find-git-repositories-without-README
- it is  under the expat licence.