[ANN] vim 7 ruby omni-complete v0.2

Mark Guzman
Thanks to some outside suggestions and contributions we now have another release.

If you missed the original announcement, rbcomplete provides a vim7
omni-completion function (code completion) for vim. It is based on
complete.rb, pycomplete.vim and ccomplete.vim. Any input is welcome.

Whats New:
------------
At the request of many people, Object's instance methods are no longer
included in the completion list, if anyone wants this functionality
back I'll make it a configurable.
A major contribution provided rbcomplete.vim with better variable
identification so the following will properly be completed:
a = Time.now
b = [0..2]
c = ['a','b']
d = {:a=>'test',:b=>'this'}

sorry, no "e = c" yet. You can find the file at:
http://blog.hasno.info/blog/segfault/dev/2006/04/10/vim-7-ruby-omni-completion.html
  --mark

--
sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog | http://blog.hasno.info/blog

Re: [ANN] vim 7 ruby omni-complete v0.2

Doug Kearns
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:55:33AM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> Thanks to some outside suggestions and contributions we now have another release.

Excellent! Thanks very much for putting in the effort - there's been
more than a few people waiting for someone to get to this.

> If you missed the original announcement, rbcomplete provides a vim7
> omni-completion function (code completion) for vim. It is based on
> complete.rb, pycomplete.vim and ccomplete.vim. Any input is welcome.

<snip>

Would you have any interest in jumping on board here? If nothing else
it'll annoy Nikolai... ;-)

Regards,
Doug

Re: [ANN] vim 7 ruby omni-complete v0.2

Mark Guzman
I'd be happy to help out.
  --mark

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 09:23:20AM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> I'd be happy to help out.

Thanks. Do you have a rubyforge account so I can add you to the project?

Regards,
Doug

Re: [ANN] vim 7 ruby omni-complete v0.2

Mark Guzman
segy
  --mark

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:55:23AM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> segy

Done.

Did you intend including the completion script in Vim 7?

Regards,
Doug

> Doug Kearns wrote:
> > Thanks. Do you have a rubyforge account so I can add you to the project?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Doug

Re: [ANN] vim 7 ruby omni-complete v0.2

Mark Guzman
Yes, I've emailed Bram about it. Looks like we're going with
rubycomplete.vim as the name, matching the ftplugin naming. I'm
currently trying to modify it to add tag support and switch over to
using the new dictionaries.
  --mark

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 12:36:32AM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> Yes, I've emailed Bram about it. Looks like we're going with
> rubycomplete.vim as the name, matching the ftplugin naming. I'm
> currently trying to modify it to add tag support and switch over to
> using the new dictionaries.

Feel free to stick it in CVS whenever you like. There's already an
autoload directory there I think - I went to start on it one night but
didn't get very far. ;-)

Regards,
Doug

Doug Kearns wrote:
> Feel free to stick it in CVS whenever you like. There's already an
> autoload directory there I think - I went to start on it one night but
> didn't get very far. ;-)

Checked in and seemingly working. I modified the ftplugin to set the
omni func also. If possible could we pass that on to Bram for inclusion
w/ vim7? I've contacted him about rbcomplete (now rubycomplete per the
discussion on vim-dev) and he mentioned the ftplugin.
  --mark

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 04:00:47PM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> Doug Kearns wrote:
> > Feel free to stick it in CVS whenever you like. There's already an
> > autoload directory there I think - I went to start on it one night but
> > didn't get very far. ;-)
> >
> Checked in and seemingly working. I modified the ftplugin to set the
> omni func also.

Thanks. I just had to update the name of rbcomplete#Complete to match
the new script file name.

> If possible could we pass that on to Bram for inclusion
> w/ vim7? I've contacted him about rbcomplete (now rubycomplete per the
> discussion on vim-dev) and he mentioned the ftplugin.

Done. I've sent him the whole lot...

Thanks,
Doug