Abandoning Rubyforge

Doug Kearns
Does anyone have any objections to abandoning the RubyForge project, other than
redirects, for GitHub?  While it seems RubyForge now pretty much provides all
the things that motivated the partial move to GitHub in the first place it's,
likewise, apparent that GitHub now provides most of the features that were
required from RubyForge.

I'm indifferent to which site to use but it doesn't make sense using both
anymore.

Regards,
Doug

Re: Abandoning Rubyforge

Nikolai Weibull-11
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 17:32, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any objections to abandoning the RubyForge project, other than
> redirects, for GitHub?

No.  Go for it.

Re: Abandoning Rubyforge

Tim Pope-2
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Nikolai Weibull <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 17:32, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any objections to abandoning the RubyForge project, other than
>> redirects, for GitHub?
>
> No.  Go for it.

+1 on moving to GitHub.

Re: Abandoning Rubyforge

Mark Guzman

On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Tim Pope wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Nikolai Weibull <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 17:32, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any objections to abandoning the RubyForge project, other than
>>> redirects, for GitHub?
>>
>> No.  Go for it.
>
> +1 on moving to GitHub.

+1

Re: Abandoning Rubyforge

Czarek
On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 08:32:27PM -0500, Mark Guzman wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Tim Pope wrote:

> >> No.  Go for it.
> >
> > +1 on moving to GitHub.
>
> +1
Naaahhh... I think plain old CVS repo is better. Do RCS folks have any
objections?

--
Cezary Baginski