About line wrap when both English and Chinese Chars are present

About line wrap when both English and Chinese Chars are present

KL-5

Hi,

I hope this is the correct place to bring up this question. I love vim
very much! But I think that Vim's localization is still not perfect.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_fHAIwtuRTpY/Sk8EiZSN0gI/AAAAAAAAABg/435m_aPipNA/LineWrap.png

Please take a look at the screenshot. The line should wrap at a
Chinese character which hits the right edge of the window. Vim does it
right for those lines with ONLY chinese chars. However, obviously when
an English word is present in the line, Vim does the wrong thing: it
considers the English word AND the following Chinese chars as
unsplittable.

This is because I set "lbr" in Vim. Unsetting "lbr" will solve the
problem BUT when the English word hits the edge it will be split right
in the middle, which is not what I want, either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

KL

Re: About line wrap when both English and Chinese Chars are present

Bram Moolenaar

[ Please mention your name ]

Perhaps this code will help: http://vimgadgets.sourceforge.net/liblinebreak/

--
ERROR 047: Keyboard not found.  Press RETURN to continue.