Active tab not obvious in Windows gui

Jean Johner
Hello,
I have done many errors because the active tab in not obviously
visible in the present windows gui.
Could it be improved?
In my opinion, the solution used in MS Excel is better (active tab
white with no boundary between tab and text, other tabs grey with a
boundary).
Best regards
Jean Johner

Re: Active tab not obvious in Windows gui

Erik Falor
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 02:49:13AM -0700, Jean Johner wrote:
> Hello,
> I have done many errors because the active tab in not obviously
> visible in the present windows gui.
> Could it be improved?
> In my opinion, the solution used in MS Excel is better (active tab
> white with no boundary between tab and text, other tabs grey with a
> boundary).
> Best regards
> Jean Johner

What version of Windows are you afflicted with?

I'm suffering under Vista, but I find that the active tab is more
visible here than under XP.  My active tab is white and slightly
larger than the inactive tabs, which feature a gray gradient.

Since the look and feel of the tabs is largely dependant on the OS
theme, you may get a better result if you switch to/from the Windows
Classic look and feel.

--
Erik Falor

On May 20, 4:16 pm, Erik Falor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What version of Windows are you afflicted with?
>
> I'm suffering under Vista, but I find that the active tab is more
> visible here than under XP.  My active tab is white and slightly
> larger than the inactive tabs, which feature a gray gradient.
>
> Since the look and feel of the tabs is largely dependant on the OS
> theme, you may get a better result if you switch to/from the Windows
> Classic look and feel.

I use Windows XP with Windows Classic (all tabs gray, active tab very
slightly larger than the others).
Following your advice, I tried Windows XP look. It is better (active
tab white with an orange upper edge, other tabs almost white).
It is still not perfect in my opinion. I would suggest removing the
bottom border of the active tab, keeping it white with the other tabs
dark gray (as in MS Excel).

Best regards
Jean Johner

Re: Active tab not obvious in Windows gui

Jean Johner
Also, active tab filename in boldcase.