Quantcast

Am I subscribed?

meino.cramer
Hi,

I had to chance my mail address and that
may / may not work half...

If someone could read me I would
be glad for an answer to the
mailing list.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers
Meino

Re: Am I subscribed?

Mohammed
you're subscribed!

On 03/04/2017 12:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had to chance my mail address and that
> may / may not work half...
>
> If someone could read me I would
> be glad for an answer to the
> mailing list.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Cheers
> Meino

Re: Am I subscribed?

Erik Christiansen
On 04.03.17 11:42, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to chance my mail address and that
> may / may not work half...

But it hasn't changed in half a decade or more, Meino?

> If someone could read me I would
> be glad for an answer to the
> mailing list.

Perhaps you wonder because the list is very quiet?
Many lists have been quiet this week, and vim_use has for months, so it
can't just be that everyone down under is now laying in firewood for the
coming winter, and everyone up north still hibernating, can it?

After many years of using Vim, I have it set up just right for me.
The established user base is probably equally happily vimming away
productively, but quietly.

Erik

Re: Am I subscribed?

meino.cramer
Erik Christiansen <[hidden email]> [17-03-04 12:12]:

> On 04.03.17 11:42, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had to chance my mail address and that
> > may / may not work half...
>
> But it hasn't changed in half a decade or more, Meino?
>
> > If someone could read me I would
> > be glad for an answer to the
> > mailing list.
>
> Perhaps you wonder because the list is very quiet?
> Many lists have been quiet this week, and vim_use has for months, so it
> can't just be that everyone down under is now laying in firewood for the
> coming winter, and everyone up north still hibernating, can it?
>
> After many years of using Vim, I have it set up just right for me.
> The established user base is probably equally happily vimming away
> productively, but quietly.
>
> Erik

> ---

Hi all,

 YEAH! Being back on this list is good news -- thanks
 a lot for supporting! :)

 The melting ice is slowing dripping towards earth the
 first motions of the people in the north are (barely)
 recognizeable...I was outside a few minutes ago... :)

 Yes, my old email address was really old - and for what
 reason ever suddenly stops working: It can still receive
 mail (I think) but I can neither log into gmxs webmail
 nor kann I fetch mail via POP. The password reset does
 not work, since the assigned email address was canceled
 long before without my notice.

 Posteo provides a better and more secure service anyhow -
 it is no freemailer but for a /very/ reasonable price. This is no
 advertisement but a satisfied customer talking ;)))

 Before the old address crashed, I posted a question on how to copy
 a certain part of a line with a regex as target (a one-character-spec
 does not work in this case) I missed a physical copy of the
 answer to the email due to the crash. The answer came from Ben Fritz.

 But without the physical copy of that mail I cant reply to Ben/the
 list.

 What is the best way to answer without cluttering threads and
 mail IDs ?

 Cheers
 Meino

Re: Am I subscribed?

Erik Christiansen
On 04.03.17 12:36, [hidden email] wrote:
>  But without the physical copy of that mail I cant reply to Ben/the
>  list.
>
>  What is the best way to answer without cluttering threads and
>  mail IDs ?

I've forwarded a copy of that post offlist. As you're using mutt as MUA,
I figure you're intending to edit-headers to set In-Reply-To, to
maintain thread continuity, perhaps?

Erik

Re: Am I subscribed?

tuxic
Erik Christiansen <[hidden email]> [17-03-04 13:44]:

> On 04.03.17 12:36, [hidden email] wrote:
> >  But without the physical copy of that mail I cant reply to Ben/the
> >  list.
> >
> >  What is the best way to answer without cluttering threads and
> >  mail IDs ?
>
> I've forwarded a copy of that post offlist. As you're using mutt as MUA,
> I figure you're intending to edit-headers to set In-Reply-To, to
> maintain thread continuity, perhaps?
>
> Erik

> ---

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot...but I received nothing here...(?!)

Cheers
Meino

Re: Am I subscribed?

Erik Christiansen
On 04.03.17 14:31, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> thanks a lot...but I received nothing here...(?!)
>
> Cheers
> Meino

Hi Meino,

That's a new email address, we've not seen before, even on this thread.
I've forwarded the post to that one as well. The one to the address
you used upthread has not bounced - yet. It might still be in the pipes.

mojn,
Erik

Re: Am I subscribed?

Carsten Peter Rasmussen

Den 04-03-2017 kl. 12:09 skrev Erik Christiansen:
> After many years of using Vim, I have it set up just right for me.
> The established user base is probably equally happily vimming away
> productively, but quietly.

On that note, I would recommend reading Practical Vim by Drew Neil.
After using Vim for some 15 years, I thought I knew everything. I didn't.

--

Carsten Peter Rasmussen
http://cprasmussen.dk