Another test

Zdenek Sekera-2
I am sorry for bothering the list, but I have problems
posting, if this ever appears on the list would some kind
soul let me know in case I don't see my postings
as it has been the case till now? Previously I got
emails from Charles Campbell and Ted Pavlic, thanks
to both, indeed, I didn't see my posting).

As another data point, I have played with subscription
and discovered that if I try to subscribe by email
and have anything in the Subject: field (I used to
put the 'subscribe' there), I never get the conformation
message). (I left the message field always completely
empty).

If subscribing with 'Subject:' field empty I do get the confirmation
message but if I 'reply' it will not subscribe me. If however
I click on the confirmation URL inside the message, the web
page will tell me  'you are subscribed', finally!

So since I am now subscribed, I am trying to post this to see
if I can see it.

Cheers, all,

---Zdenek

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Another test

Larson, David

Hi Zdenek,

I've been having trouble subscribing as well... So it looks like your
email confirms both our subscriptions! =)

David

Behalf

> Of Zdenek Sekera
> Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:25 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Another test
>
> I am sorry for bothering the list, but I have problems
> posting, if this ever appears on the list would some kind
> soul let me know in case I don't see my postings
> as it has been the case till now? Previously I got
> emails from Charles Campbell and Ted Pavlic, thanks
> to both, indeed, I didn't see my posting).
>
> As another data point, I have played with subscription
> and discovered that if I try to subscribe by email
> and have anything in the Subject: field (I used to
> put the 'subscribe' there), I never get the conformation
> message). (I left the message field always completely
> empty).
>
> If subscribing with 'Subject:' field empty I do get the confirmation
> message but if I 'reply' it will not subscribe me. If however
> I click on the confirmation URL inside the message, the web
> page will tell me  'you are subscribed', finally!
>
> So since I am now subscribed, I am trying to post this to see
> if I can see it.
>
> Cheers, all,
>
> ---Zdenek

Re: [vim-dev] Another test

Gautam Iyer-2

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 09:25:02PM +0200, Zdenek Sekera wrote:

> I am sorry for bothering the list, but I have problems posting, if
> this ever appears on the list would some kind soul let me know in case
> I don't see my postings as it has been the case till now?

Your post got through. Just in case you (or any one else for that
matter) has problems, you could consider contacting Google. I think they
should be fairly responsive,

GI

PS: Tony -- I'm sure you can get Google to make your ISP accept emails
    from Google groups.

--
Top Ten New Intel Slogans For The Pentium:
5.9999835137 Redefining the PC -- and Mathematics As Well

Re: Another test

Zdenek Sekera wrote:
> I am sorry for bothering the list, but I have problems
> posting, if this ever appears on the list would some kind
> soul let me know in case I don't see my postings
> as it has been the case till now? Previously I got
> emails from Charles Campbell and Ted Pavlic, thanks
> to both, indeed, I didn't see my posting).

Bingo!

> As another data point, I have played with subscription
> and discovered that if I try to subscribe by email
> and have anything in the Subject: field (I used to
> put the 'subscribe' there), I never get the conformation
> message). (I left the message field always completely
> empty).
>
> If subscribing with 'Subject:' field empty I do get the confirmation
> message but if I 'reply' it will not subscribe me. If however
> I click on the confirmation URL inside the message, the web
> page will tell me  'you are subscribed', finally!
>
> So since I am now subscribed, I am trying to post this to see
> if I can see it.
>
> Cheers, all,
>
> ---Zdenek

Accidents cause History.

If Sigismund Unbuckle had taken a walk in 1426 and met Wat Tyler, the
Peasant's Revolt would never have happened and the motor car would not
have been invented until 2026, which would have meant that all the oil
could have been used for lamps, thus saving the electric light bulb and
the whale, and nobody would have caught Moby Dick or Billy Budd.
                -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"

RE: [vim-dev] Another test

Zdenek Sekera-2

Thanks, Gautam (and David Larson>) for your emails.
Actualla it now looks like that all is fine, I could see
my original email as well. The subscribing process seems to have
a number of quirks still.

By the way, has anyone noticed that you sedn an post to
'[hidden email]' but the group is actually called 'vim_dev' ?
(note the underscore instead of a hyphen.

And when you sign up for 'vim' the actual group is 'vim_use'
(with the underscore as well). That may force people to change their
filters if they use them (I do).

I am not sure if this is what it should be, perhaps it is.

> --
> Top Ten New Intel Slogans For The Pentium:
> 5.9999835137 Redefining the PC -- and Mathematics As Well

:-):-):-)!

---Zdenek

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [vim-dev] Another test

Gautam Iyer wrote:
[...]
> PS: Tony -- I'm sure you can get Google to make your ISP accept emails
>     from Google groups.

I don't care now. I have a @gmail.com email, and I feel more confident that
pop.gmail.com will _always_ allow Google Groups mail through in the future,
than I am of pop.skynet.be.

Thanks anyway.

We're only in it for the volume.
                -- Black Sabbath

Re: [vim-dev] Another test

Ted Pavlic

This has been addressed in the announcement of the lists on
vim-experiment and a few other places. It's been causing confusion.

Additionally, people are going to be e-mailing to different list
aliases. Some use the @vim.org addresses. Some use underscores... Some
use hyphens. It MAY be a good idea to have vim.org play with the "To"
and "Cc" addresses so that there is some consistency...

On the other hand...

> By the way, has anyone noticed that you sedn an post to
> '[hidden email]' but the group is actually called 'vim_dev' ?
> (note the underscore instead of a hyphen.

My procmail filter:

######### Move Vim-dev List Messages Automagically
:0:
* vim[-_]dev@(vim.org|googlegroups.com)
"$VIMDEVEL"

> And when you sign up for 'vim' the actual group is 'vim_use'
> (with the underscore as well). That may force people to change their
> filters if they use them (I do).

My procmail filter:

######### Move Vim List Messages Automagically
:0:
* (vim|vim[-_]use)@(vim.org|googlegroups.com)
"$VIMUSERS"

I think that's the safest thing to do...

--Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <[hidden email]>