Assigning different functions in the top icon bar

Assigning different functions in the top icon bar

MacVim User
I've opened the MacVim.app application pkg (/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources) to locate the PNG icons themselves.

My question is specifically changing which vim functions the icon buttons map to. Most of the default icons perform functions that are not useful to me; OTOH, there are several common functions that I would like to add to the bar, with corresponding icons.

Thanks in advance.

John

Re: Assigning different functions in the top icon bar

Björn Winckler
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM, MacVim User wrote:
> I've opened the MacVim.app application pkg (/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources) to locate the PNG icons themselves.
>
> My question is specifically changing which vim functions the icon buttons map to. Most of the default icons perform functions that are not useful to me; OTOH, there are several common functions that I would like to add to the bar, with corresponding icons.

The toolbar is mapped using Vimscript so you shouldn't need to muck
around inside the app bundle.  Take a look at ":h gui-toolbar" to get
started.

Björn