Augmenting built in mappings

Josef Fortier
I'm trying to augment built in key (adding behavior) and came up with this approach, which in initial tests seems to work:

" ======================
" psuedo code for 'smart' augmenter
function Smart()
     if [some test]
         [do augmented]
     else
         return [mapped letter]
     endif
endfunction

" and then a remap call
nnoremap <expr> <nowait> [mapped letter] Smart()

" ============

Is this a reasonable approach?
Are there problems I should be aware of?

Re: Augmenting built in mappings

Justin M. Keyes
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Josef Fortier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to augment built in key (adding behavior) and came up with this approach, which in initial tests seems to work:
>
> " ======================
> " psuedo code for 'smart' augmenter
> function Smart()
>      if [some test]
>          [do augmented]
>      else
>          return [mapped letter]
>      endif
> endfunction
>
> " and then a remap call
> nnoremap <expr> <nowait> [mapped letter] Smart()

That's perfectly fine.

---

Justin M. Keyes