Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

Andrew Stewart

Hello,

I've just downloaded the latest MacVim binary, and it looks
impressive.  However I see that it was compiled without support for
ruby and one or two other things I'd like, and with support for python
and one or two things I don't want.

Given the build instructions here:

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building

-- how do I change what gets built into MacVim?

Thanks and regards,
Andy Stewart

----
http://airbladesoftware.com

Re: Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

travis jeffery

add on --enable-rubyinterp --enable-pythoninterp to the ./configure
part

On Mar 20, 7:35 am, Andrew Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just downloaded the latest MacVim binary, and it looks
> impressive.  However I see that it was compiled without support for
> ruby and one or two other things I'd like, and with support for python
> and one or two things I don't want.
>
> Given the build instructions here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building
>
> -- how do I change what gets built into MacVim?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Andy Stewart
>
> ----http://airbladesoftware.com

Re: Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

Ben Schmidt

Andrew Stewart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just downloaded the latest MacVim binary, and it looks
> impressive.  However I see that it was compiled without support for
> ruby and one or two other things I'd like, and with support for python
> and one or two things I don't want.
>
> Given the build instructions here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building
>
> -- how do I change what gets built into MacVim?

Modify the ./configure line to include what you want. E.g. I use

./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=macvim --enable-pythoninterp
--enable-perlinterp --enable-rubyinterp --enable-tclinterp --enable-cscope

If you want finer control than ./configure gives, edit src/feature.h.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

Tim Hammerquist-5

On Mar 20, 2008, at 7:13 AM, travis wrote:

> add on --enable-rubyinterp --enable-pythoninterp to the ./configure
> part

I haven't had any luck building a Leopard/i386-only binary with ruby
or perl tracking master.  I was under the impression that it required
significant hackery, if it worked at all.  Has anyone made progress on
this?

Re: Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

travis jeffery

Use MacPorts to update both Python and Ruby and link the traditional
locations of Ruby (/usr/bin/ruby) and Python to the new ones in /opt/
local/bin/
That worked for me.

On 20 Mar 2008, at 14:40, Ben Schmidt wrote:
> Modify the ./configure line to include what you want. E.g. I use
>
> ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=macvim --enable-
> pythoninterp
> --enable-perlinterp --enable-rubyinterp --enable-tclinterp --enable-
> cscope

Thanks for this information.

How can I find a list of all the options that may be passed to the ./
configure command?

> If you want finer control than ./configure gives, edit src/feature.h.

One of the features I'd like is balloon expression evaluation.  Is
this possible on OS X?

Thanks and regards,
Andy Stewart

-------
AirBlade Software
http://airbladesoftware.com

Re: Building MacVim With Custom Configuration

Nico Weber-3

> How can I find a list of all the options that may be passed to the ./
> configure command?

./configure --help

On 20 Mar 2008, at 16:24, Nico Weber wrote:
>> How can I find a list of all the options that may be passed to the ./
>> configure command?
>
> ./configure --help

Perfect, thanks.

Regards,