Building for Windows 7 64 bit with 64 bit dynamic perl

Building for Windows 7 64 bit with 64 bit dynamic perl

Suresh Govindachar`

Hello,

At present, I am downloading vim sources (using mercurial) with the view to
using MinGW 64 to build for Windows 7 64 bit, huge version with OLE and with
support for dynamic perl 64 bit version 5.12.  I am planning to use
Make_ming.mak.

Are there any know issues with this attempt?  Has anyone had success with
such an attempt?

Thanks,

--Suresh

RE: Building for Windows 7 64 bit with 64 bit dynamic perl

Suresh Govindachar`

A short time ago, I wrote:

  > At present, I am downloading vim sources (using mercurial)
  > with the view to using MinGW 64 to build for Windows 7 64
  > bit, huge version with OLE and with support for dynamic perl
  > 64 bit version 5.12.  I am planning to use Make_ming.mak.
  >
  > Are there any know issues with this attempt?

  I looked inside Make_ming.mak -- it appears to be hard-coded
  for 32 bit windows.

  > Has anyone had success with such an attempt?

  Please do let me know if you have successfully built a 64 bit
  vim for Windows 7 64 bit with support for 64 bit perl 5.12.

  Thanks,

  --Suresh

Re: Building for Windows 7 64 bit with 64 bit dynamic perl

bill lam
I cannot remember clearly because I no longer compile vim myself.  Last
year I built vim using mingw without perl.  It might be a 64-bit built but
I cannot be sure.  You might try by yourself since it was quite straight
forward if I remember correctly.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24