Building translated messages: update needed?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building translated messages: update needed?

A.J.Mechelynck
Hi Bram!

Just checking src/po/ after building, I notice that the following .po files
have no .mo counterpart:

cs.cp1250.po
ja.sjis.po
pl.cp1250.po
ru.cp1251.po
sk.cp1250.po
uk.cp1251.po
zh_CN.cp936.po

In all cases, the corresponding "encoding-less" .mo files are generated, and
in the case of zh_CN also the utf-8 variant.

I'm attaching an updated src/po/Make_cyg.mak which would "make" them all;
but I'm still a newbie at this sort of things. If these .po files do _not_
require a corresponding .mo (nor a vim.mo in
$VIMRUNTIME/lang/<language>/LC_MESSAGES/), say so and I'll revert to the
previous version of that makefile. (If this update _is_ needed, then some
other makefiles in /src/po/ may need to be updated in similar fashion; they,
however, are no responsibility of mine.)

The vim.mo files for the language-encoding pairs mentioned above are missing
from the 7.00aa.0105 distribution which I am going to upload in the next few
minutes; they will be in my next 7.00 distro unless you tell me otherwise
before then.


Best regards,
Tony.

Make_cyg.mak (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building translated messages: update needed?

Bram Moolenaar

Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> Just checking src/po/ after building, I notice that the following .po files
> have no .mo counterpart:
>
> cs.cp1250.po
> ja.sjis.po
> pl.cp1250.po
> ru.cp1251.po
> sk.cp1250.po
> uk.cp1251.po
> zh_CN.cp936.po
>
> In all cases, the corresponding "encoding-less" .mo files are
> generated, and in the case of zh_CN also the utf-8 variant.
>
> I'm attaching an updated src/po/Make_cyg.mak which would "make" them all;
> but I'm still a newbie at this sort of things. If these .po files do _not_
> require a corresponding .mo (nor a vim.mo in
> $VIMRUNTIME/lang/<language>/LC_MESSAGES/), say so and I'll revert to the
> previous version of that makefile. (If this update _is_ needed, then some
> other makefiles in /src/po/ may need to be updated in similar fashion; they,
> however, are no responsibility of mine.)
>
> The vim.mo files for the language-encoding pairs mentioned above are missing
> from the 7.00aa.0105 distribution which I am going to upload in the next few
> minutes; they will be in my next 7.00 distro unless you tell me otherwise
> before then.

The Unix Makefile generates them all.  The extra ones depend on .po
files that are converted from other .po files.  One is the master file
and the other generated from it.  They should all be distributed,
especially in a package for Win32, where the cp12?? files are used.

I'll include the new Make_cyg.mak.  If it works to produce the files
then it's probably right.

--
   GALAHAD turns back.  We see from his POV the lovely ZOOT standing by him
   smiling enchantingly and a number of equally delectable GIRLIES draped
   around in the seductively poulticed room.  They look at him smilingly and
   wave.
                 "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\     Buy LOTR 3 and help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF.nl/lotr.html   ///
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building translated messages: update needed?

A.J.Mechelynck
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bram Moolenaar" <[hidden email]>
To: "Tony Mechelynck" <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Building translated messages: update needed?


>
> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
>> Just checking src/po/ after building, I notice that the following .po
>> files
>> have no .mo counterpart:
[...]
> The Unix Makefile generates them all.  The extra ones depend on .po
> files that are converted from other .po files.  One is the master file
> and the other generated from it.  They should all be distributed,
> especially in a package for Win32, where the cp12?? files are used.
>
> I'll include the new Make_cyg.mak.  If it works to produce the files
> then it's probably right.

As you can see by diffing the old and new Make_cyg.mak, only two variables
at the top of the file are changed to include the new names. The procedure
hasn't changed except by including the new values through these same
variables (see Make targets "all" "install" and their prerequisites). I
don't see any reason why it wouldn't be OK, unless Make variables (or the
"in" clause in a Cygwin bash "for" statement) have a size limit which this
update would exceed.


Best regards,
Tony.