Bullet list and "showbreak"

Yann
Hello,

I use "showbreak" in my text, I'd like to know if somebody could help me with a "showbreak conditional", please:

if "text begins with [_]"
    set showbreak=\ \ \ \
else if "text begins with -"
    set showbreak=\ \
else
endif

In fact, I want a "showbreak" According to the beginning of the paragraph. Does someone have ideas, please?

thX

Re: Bullet list and "showbreak"

Ben Fritz
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:36:19 AM UTC-5, Yann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use "showbreak" in my text, I'd like to know if somebody could help me with a "showbreak conditional", please:
>
> if "text begins with [_]"
>     set showbreak=\ \ \ \
> else if "text begins with -"
>     set showbreak=\ \
> else
> endif
>
> In fact, I want a "showbreak" According to the beginning of the paragraph. Does someone have ideas, please?
>
> thX
Impossible, because showbreak takes a string and not a function; also showbreak is a global option that affects all of Vim, not just a single buffer, and *definitely* not just a single paragraph.