C++ refactoring tool

Peng Yu
Hi,

I'm using vim developing C++ programs exclusively. I'm wondering if
there is good refactoring tool available in vim.

Thanks,
Peng

Re: C++ refactoring tool

iler.ml
On 11/25/06, Peng Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm using vim developing C++ programs exclusively. I'm wondering if
> there is good refactoring tool available in vim.

 1. Do you probably mean code indenting, or code bautifying  tool ?
 2. Word "refactoring" is reserved for manual code rewrite [1];
 Software can't do that [not yet, anyway].
 3. Or do you possibly mean "software that helps in
 refining the c++ code", like these http://www.refactoring.com/tools.html ?

 Yakov
 [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactoring

Re: C++ refactoring tool

Peng Yu
On 11/25/06, Yakov Lerner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/25/06, Peng Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using vim developing C++ programs exclusively. I'm wondering if
> > there is good refactoring tool available in vim.
>
>  1. Do you probably mean code indenting, or code bautifying  tool ?
>  2. Word "refactoring" is reserved for manual code rewrite [1];
>  Software can't do that [not yet, anyway].
>  3. Or do you possibly mean "software that helps in
>  refining the c++ code", like these
> http://www.refactoring.com/tools.html ?
>
>  Yakov
>  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactoring

I mean the 3rd one. Since there is a refactoring tool for emacs, is it
possible to develop a vim plugin.

Thanks,
Peng

Re: C++ refactoring tool

Kim Schulz
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:58:27 -0600
"Peng Yu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using vim developing C++ programs exclusively. I'm wondering if
> there is good refactoring tool available in vim.
>
> Thanks,
> Peng
some of this might help you along:
http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=589