CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

newvimuser-2

Hi,

1. I created a cscope.out file in my project root directory.
2. Next, set the CSCOPE_DB variable to that cscope.out file and
exported the variable.
3. Then, I go into a subdirectory and launch vim on a file in that
directory.
4. I execute "cs find 0 symbol" in that file and I get a list of
instances where this symbol is found.
5. When  I select an instance and hit Enter, I get the following
error:
"E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist"

Can someone please help me out here.

Thanks.

wik

Re: CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

wik

Hello,

Could you send exact command you build cscope.files with?
I think problem in related pathes...

Possible solutions:
  1. cwd current VIM directory to project directory, i.e. execute from
the vim's command line ":cd /home/you/projects/project" and try again;

  2. use full path when building cscope.files, for example: find /home/
you/projects/project -name '*.cpp' > ./cscope.files

Thanks.

On Aug 13, 8:08 am, newvimuser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. I created a cscope.out file in my project root directory.
> 2. Next, set the CSCOPE_DB variable to that cscope.out file and
> exported the variable.
> 3. Then, I go into a subdirectory and launch vim on a file in that
> directory.
> 4. I execute "cs find 0 symbol" in that file and I get a list of
> instances where this symbol is found.
> 5. When  I select an instance and hit Enter, I get the following
> error:
> "E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist"
>
> Can someone please help me out here.
>
> Thanks.

Re: CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

newvimuser
Hi,
I was not using absolute path when creating cscope.files. That was the issue.
Thanks for your support.

wik wrote

On Aug 13, 8:08 am, newvimuser <utpal.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. I created a cscope.out file in my project root directory.
> 2. Next, set the CSCOPE_DB variable to that cscope.out file and
> exported the variable.
> 3. Then, I go into a subdirectory and launch vim on a file in that
> directory.
> 4. I execute "cs find 0 symbol" in that file and I get a list of
> instances where this symbol is found.
> 5. When  I select an instance and hit Enter, I get the following
> error:
> "E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist"
>
> Can someone please help me out here.
>
> Thanks.

Re: CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

David Rong
Do not set autochdir in your vimrc file.

On Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:08:29 PM UTC+8, newvimuser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. I created a cscope.out file in my project root directory.
> 2. Next, set the CSCOPE_DB variable to that cscope.out file and
> exported the variable.
> 3. Then, I go into a subdirectory and launch vim on a file in that
> directory.
> 4. I execute "cs find 0 symbol" in that file and I get a list of
> instances where this symbol is found.
> 5. When  I select an instance and hit Enter, I get the following
> error:
> "E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist"
>
> Can someone please help me out here.
>
> Thanks.

Re: CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

Christian Brabandt
Hi David!

On Do, 25 Dez 2014, David Rong wrote:

> Do not set autochdir in your vimrc file.

Considering, that the original message is 4.5 years old, is this still a
problem, that occurs, when :set autochdir is set?

Best,
Christian
--
Eine Persönlichkeit ist der Ausgangspunkt und Fluchtpunkt alles
dessen, was gesagt wird und dessen, wie es gesagt wird.

Re: CSCOPE ERROR: E429: File "path/to/file.c" does not exist

Yang Dongshan
在 2015年1月4日星期日 UTC+8下午6:27:55,Christian Brabandt写道:

> Hi David!
>
> On Do, 25 Dez 2014, David Rong wrote:
>
> > Do not set autochdir in your vimrc file.
>
> Considering, that the original message is 4.5 years old, is this still a
> problem, that occurs, when :set autochdir is set?
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Eine Persönlichkeit ist der Ausgangspunkt und Fluchtpunkt alles
> dessen, was gesagt wird und dessen, wie es gesagt wird.
> -- Robert Musil
you may need to add "set cscoperelative" in your .vimrc file