Quantcast

Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

Bill Sun
Hi,

I'm a Chinese vim user. I type English-Chinese-mixed text a lot. The
spell checking for English is neat. However, vim will render all the
Hanzi as incorrect words (underline them), which is pretty annoying.

My suggestion is: Add the ability to turn off the spell checking for all
2-bit characters. Because, at least, all Hanzi are 'individually
correct' (because there is not spell in Chinese at all).

Regards.

答复: Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

wangjun850725
Set nospell
?

Re: Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

Bill Sun wrote:

> I'm a Chinese vim user. I type English-Chinese-mixed text a lot. The
> spell checking for English is neat. However, vim will render all the
> Hanzi as incorrect words (underline them), which is pretty annoying.
>
> My suggestion is: Add the ability to turn off the spell checking for all
> 2-bit characters. Because, at least, all Hanzi are 'individually
> correct' (because there is not spell in Chinese at all).

We could disable flagging double-byte characters as an error.
Or all characters above 255.  But perhaps best is to specify a range of
characters to exclude from spell checking.  Or support spell checking
for a language that defines words with some kind of wildcard.

--
CART DRIVER: Bring out your dead!
LARGE MAN:   Here's one!

Re: Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

chris-2
Excerpts from [ Bill Sun ] //// On [2012-10-15 16:43:29 -0700]:

> Hi,

> I'm a Chinese vim user. I type English-Chinese-mixed text a lot. The
> spell checking for English is neat. However, vim will render all the
> Hanzi as incorrect words (underline them), which is pretty annoying.

> My suggestion is: Add the ability to turn off the spell checking for all
> 2-bit characters. Because, at least, all Hanzi are 'individually
> correct' (because there is not spell in Chinese at all).

> Regards.

Me too.

[ stardiviner ] ^^&^^ {I hate all of you !  Leave me alone}
IRC(freenode): stardiviner     \\ Twitter:  @numbchild \\
GnuPG Key fingerprint
    >>> 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433

Re: Can I disable spell checking for Chinese language only?

llinfeng
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 7:43:29 PM UTC-4, Bill Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a Chinese vim user. I type English-Chinese-mixed text a lot. The
> spell checking for English is neat. However, vim will render all the
> Hanzi as incorrect words (underline them), which is pretty annoying.
>
> My suggestion is: Add the ability to turn off the spell checking for all
> 2-bit characters. Because, at least, all Hanzi are 'individually
> correct' (because there is not spell in Chinese at all).
>
> Regards.
Try the following (fixed on my Windows 10 machines)

````
set spell spelllang=en_us,cjk
````
(Note, there should be no space right after the comma. Error if so.)