Can not diff more than 4 buffers

Peng Yu
Hi,

I get the error when I run vimdiff on multiple file. Is there a way to enable the comparison of multiple files? Thanks.

"Can not diff more than 4 buffers"

Regards,
Peng

Re: Can not diff more than 4 buffers

Christian Brabandt
Hi Peng!

On Mi, 31 Dez 2014, Peng Yu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get the error when I run vimdiff on multiple file. Is there a way to enable the comparison of multiple files? Thanks.
>
> "Can not diff more than 4 buffers"

That is a compiled limit of Vim. You would need to change the DB_COUNT
macro and recompile Vim if you need more. Not sure, if you wouldn't
still need even more adjustments.

BTW: Why do you need to diff more than 4 buffers at the same time?

Best,
Christian
--
Wer sich über das Christentum nicht empört, kennt es nicht.
                -- Joachim Kahl

Re: Can not diff more than 4 buffers

Peng Yu
> That is a compiled limit of Vim. You would need to change the DB_COUNT
> macro and recompile Vim if you need more. Not sure, if you wouldn't
> still need even more adjustments.

Is there a way to make vim be able to compare an unlimited number of
files in future release of vim?

Peng