Quantcast

Can't execute curl command at Vim command line

Can't execute curl command at Vim command line

Russell Urquhart

Hi,

I wanted to enter a curl command, inside of vim, and capture the output.

I took the command that works fine in my terminal window, and pasted it exactly in the command line.

:r ! curl <my_curl_command>

It comes back with a failute to authenticate.

Is there something i need to do to get the curl command to work?

Thanks

Russ

Re: Can't execute curl command at Vim command line

Christian Brabandt
Hi Russell!

On Fr, 10 Feb 2017, Russell Urquhart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to enter a curl command, inside of vim, and capture the output.
>
> I took the command that works fine in my terminal window, and pasted it exactly in the command line.
>
> :r ! curl <my_curl_command>
>
> It comes back with a failute to authenticate.
>
> Is there something i need to do to get the curl command to work?

Do you either have a '!' '%' or '#' in your command line?

Best,
Christian
--
Messner, Reinhold:
  Aufsteigertyp, Verfasser von Schlundliteratur

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:07:50AM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi Russell!
>

> Do you either have a '!' '%' or '#' in your command line?

Yes, my password that i supply, has the '#' character. Is there a way to escpe that, and get the curl command to work?

Thanks,

Russ

Re: Can't execute curl command at Vim command line

Russell Urquhart
Hi All,

I found the answer, when i '\' before the '#' character, it worked!

Thanks for the pointers and help!

Russ