Quantcast

Cannot input Chinese character "文" in vim

Cannot input Chinese character "文" in vim

Fuzzier
Hello!

I'm trying to input a Chinese character "文" (U+6587) in vim.
However, it seems vim refuses to accept the character.
I changed the encoding from the default cp936 to utf8, but it doesn't help.
In gvim, everything is OK.

My OS is Simplified Chinese Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit).
The installed vim/gvim version is 73_46 (32-bit).

Please help!

0: View current encoding
0 view encoding setting

1: try to input "文"
1 start edit mode

2: after selecting the character "文"
2 after selecting the character "文"

3: try to input "文明"
3 try to input a word "文明"

4: "文" is missing, only "明" is accepted
4 after selecting the word "文明"

Re: Cannot input Chinese character "文" in vim

niejieqiang
试一下支持64位系统的小小输入法.