Change of administrator? (Was: Imminent Vim 7.1 release, can we make it?)

Change of administrator? (Was: Imminent Vim 7.1 release, can we make it?)

Gavin Sinclair
On 5/7/07, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm generally against mappings in ftplugins but I think these are both
> > helpful and benign.
> >
> > If anyone disagrees, by all means strip them out until we can discuss
> > them more.  I don't want them to hold up the release.
>
> Sounds good - I have no objections.  Gavin?

Sorry for the late reply.  No objections from me, but no need to
consult me, either :)

If someone would like to take over the administration of this project
from me, please do.  I'll still follow the list with interest, but the
reality is this: I haven't contributed anything for ages and that's
unlikely to change.

Doug: you've been managing releases and so on for quite a while.  Want
your name up in lights at Rubyforge? :)

Cheers,
Gavin

Re: Change of administrator? (Was: Imminent Vim 7.1 release, can we make it?)

Doug Kearns
Hello Gavin,

On 5/13/07, Gavin Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> Sorry for the late reply.  No objections from me, but no need to
> consult me, either :)

Heh, you're still the maintainer and IIRC you were quite keen on
keeping it basic.

> If someone would like to take over the administration of this project
> from me, please do.  I'll still follow the list with interest, but the
> reality is this: I haven't contributed anything for ages and that's
> unlikely to change.
>
> Doug: you've been managing releases and so on for quite a while.  Want
> your name up in lights at Rubyforge? :)

Well, I tend to shun publicity but I suspect my anonymity is safe even
if I do accept your offer. ;-)

Actually, you Tim and I are all listed as administrators.  What extra
powers are you offering to relinquish?

Regards,
Doug

On 5/17/07, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Sorry for the late reply.  No objections from me, but no need to
> > consult me, either :)
>
> Heh, you're still the maintainer and IIRC you were quite keen on
> keeping it basic.

It never occurred to me that whatever was being discussed was not
basic.  I probably didn't fully understand it anyway :)

> > If someone would like to take over the administration of this project
> > from me, please do.  I'll still follow the list with interest, but the
> > reality is this: I haven't contributed anything for ages and that's
> > unlikely to change.
> >
> > Doug: you've been managing releases and so on for quite a while.  Want
> > your name up in lights at Rubyforge? :)
>
> Well, I tend to shun publicity but I suspect my anonymity is safe even
> if I do accept your offer. ;-)
>
> Actually, you Tim and I are all listed as administrators.  What extra
> powers are you offering to relinquish?

Good point.  I'm offering to relinquish any presumption among other
people that I need to be consulted on changes.  If people want to make
drastic changes to the project, so be it.  Even if I objected, I
wouldn't pretend that my objection would count for anything :)

It's good that you two are administrators; it means the project is in
good hands.

Gavin