Code Completion & "control space" functionality?

Code Completion & "control space" functionality?

Unnsse Khan-2
Hello there!

Has anyone thought of adding "code completion" functionality to vim?

For example, lets say, you are writing a Java program and create a List:

List salesReport = new List();

Could it be added so that when a user is at this point:

salesReport.                      (as soon as the cursor is right of
the ".", the user clicks on control + space", a drop down list
appears so he / she could view all of the available method(s) for the
object?)

Is this asking too much? I am a big Eclipse user and wanted to see if
anyone else had the same thoughts as me or if there was a plug-in /
extension which already does this.

Regards,

Unnsse

Re: Code Completion & "control space" functionality?

Aaron Griffin
On 9/22/05, Unnsse Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone thought of adding "code completion" functionality to vim?

Vim has completion, but it is not context sensitive.  C-n, C-p will
complete words.
Work is currently being done on vim7 to make this context sensitive
with the popup window you so desire.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vim/vim7/runtime/doc/todo.txt?view=markup