Colours in the statusline

Juanjo Gomez Navarro
Hi, I'm trying to tune a bit my statusline. I have added these lines:

set noruler
set laststatus=2

hi User1 guifg=#eea040 guibg=#222222
hi User2 guifg=#dd3333 guibg=#222222
hi User3 guifg=#ff66ff guibg=#222222
hi User4 guifg=#a0ee40 guibg=#222222
hi User5 guifg=#eeee40 guibg=#222222

set statusline=
set statusline +=%1*\ %n\ %*
set statusline +=%5*%{&ff}%*
set statusline +=%3*%y%*
set statusline +=%4*\ %<%F%*
set statusline +=%2*%m%*
set statusline +=%1*%=%5l%*
set statusline +=%2*/%L%*
set statusline +=%1*%4v\ %*
set statusline +=%2*0x%04B\ %*

vim displays properly the content of the line, but does not take into account the colours. However gvim does. I attach two screen captures to show what I mean.

What do you think it's going on here?

--
Juan José Gómez-Navarro

Screenshot from 2014-02-26 11:57:10.png (78K) Download Attachment
Screenshot from 2014-02-26 11:56:52.png (86K) Download Attachment

Re: Colours in the statusline

Jan Larres
Juanjo Gomez Navarro <[hidden email]>:
> hi User1 guifg=#eea040 guibg=#222222
> hi User2 guifg=#dd3333 guibg=#222222
> hi User3 guifg=#ff66ff guibg=#222222
> hi User4 guifg=#a0ee40 guibg=#222222
> hi User5 guifg=#eeee40 guibg=#222222

The 'gui' settings are, as the name would suggest, only for the gui
versions of Vim (like GVim). In addition console Vim does not support
arbitrary RGB values, only the (up to) 256 colours that your terminal
can display. So you would either have to add ctermfg/ctermbg settings
with your preferred terminal colours or use a script like CSApprox that
converts the gui values automatically.

-Jan

--
-[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and