Copy and paste from status line

A. Wik
Hi all,

In gVim (at least my version, which uses GTK), you can select text in
the status line, but how can you copy it?  Or maybe you can't?

Cheers,
Albert.

Re: Copy and paste from status line

Johannes Degen
Control-y in my Gvim (OpenBSD).

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 4:21 PM A. Wik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

In gVim (at least my version, which uses GTK), you can select text in
the status line, but how can you copy it?  Or maybe you can't?

Cheers,
Albert.

When in doubt become a philosopher.

Re: Copy and paste from status line

Tony Mechelynck
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 12:31 PM Johannes Degen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> See :help c_CTRL-Y. It works anywhere I suspect, at least in the gui.
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 12:28 PM Johannes Degen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Control-y in my Gvim (OpenBSD).
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 4:21 PM A. Wik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In gVim (at least my version, which uses GTK), you can select text in
>>> the status line, but how can you copy it?  Or maybe you can't?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Albert.

Yes, the |modeless-selection| is the only way to select text not
wholly inside one split-window (e.g. including status line(s) and/or
the command-line). This is possible in gvim; in some terminals the
terminal will preempt mouse drags and not pass them to Vim: if your
terminal is of that kind you will have to either copy the selection
the way it is done in that particular terminal, or else switch to
gvim, where Ctrl+Y copies the modeless selection (if there is one) to
the clipboard.

Re: Copy and paste from status line

A. Wik
Yes, that works.  Thanks.