Ctrl-f and Ctrl-b not scrolling

Q Kuhns
Just downloaded the latest version of Vim onto a new MacBook Pro, and everything seems to be in order except scrolling. Aren't Ctrl-f and Ctrl-b the defaults for scrolling down and up (respectively)? They aren't working as such for me at the moment. Anyone have tips on how I can modify my .vimrc such that these commands scroll? I'm assuming I need to edit my .vimrc...

Re: Ctrl-f and Ctrl-b not scrolling

Douglas Drumond

2014-01-26 Q Kuhns <[hidden email]>
Just downloaded the latest version of Vim onto a new MacBook Pro, and everything seems to be in order except scrolling. Aren't Ctrl-f and Ctrl-b the defaults for scrolling down and up (respectively)? They aren't working as such for me at the moment. Anyone have tips on how I can modify my .vimrc such that these commands scroll? I'm assuming I need to edit my .vimrc...

​​Probably you're using some plugins. Did you use YADR [1]? That one I know overrides C-f and it's quite common. You can use :verbose map <C-f> to show which script set <C-f> last.