Default eRuby compiler makeprg

Doug Kearns
What should the default eRuby compiler plugin 'makeprg' be - eruby or
erb?

I'm leaning towards erb because it's included with standard Ruby
distribution but I have no idea which is more commonly used...

Thanks,
Doug

Re: Default eRuby compiler makeprg

Hugh Sasse
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:

> What should the default eRuby compiler plugin 'makeprg' be - eruby or
> erb?
>
> I'm leaning towards erb because it's included with standard Ruby
> distribution but I have no idea which is more commonly used...

I see no advantage in the other direction, so I'd say erb also....

> Thanks,
> Doug
         thank you
         Hugh

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:20:17AM +0100, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:
>
> > What should the default eRuby compiler plugin 'makeprg' be - eruby or
> > erb?
> >
> > I'm leaning towards erb because it's included with standard Ruby
> > distribution but I have no idea which is more commonly used...
>
> I see no advantage in the other direction, so I'd say erb also....

OK. I've also changed the 'efm' format to use basically the same one as
ruby since people seem happy enough with the way that works. I've also
added a ruby_compiler variable which you can set to "eruby" if you want
to use that for 'makprg'. It's debatable whether this is simpler than
just adding the relevant line to ~/.vim/after/compiler ;-)

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 11:23:50PM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:20:17AM +0100, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:
> >
> > > What should the default eRuby compiler plugin 'makeprg' be - eruby or
> > > erb?
> > >
> > > I'm leaning towards erb because it's included with standard Ruby
> > > distribution but I have no idea which is more commonly used...
> >
> > I see no advantage in the other direction, so I'd say erb also....
>
> OK. I've also changed the 'efm' format to use basically the same one as
> ruby since people seem happy enough with the way that works. I've also
> added a ruby_compiler variable which you can set to "eruby" if you want
         eruby_compiler

Regards,
Doug