Default os shortcuts not working any more?

talk.about
Hi all,

I recently updated to the 72 snapshot of macvim on osx mavericks and am now facing the problem, that some default os shortcuts like CMD+W (close window), CMD-N (open new window) or CMD-M (minimize to dock) are not working any more. It seems to me that they are mapped to something else. I have not changed anything concerning plugins or configuration. Maybe somebody knows how to change that? Or is it a bug or wanted behavior?

Thanks!

Re: Default os shortcuts not working any more?

Joel Moberg
Den fredagen den 3:e januari 2014 kl. 23:12:00 UTC+1 skrev [hidden email]:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently updated to the 72 snapshot of macvim on osx mavericks and am now facing the problem, that some default os shortcuts like CMD+W (close window), CMD-N (open new window) or CMD-M (minimize to dock) are not working any more. It seems to me that they are mapped to something else. I have not changed anything concerning plugins or configuration. Maybe somebody knows how to change that? Or is it a bug or wanted behavior?
>
> Thanks!

I think those mappings are bound using macmenu, see :h macm and make sure they are there first. CMD+W key should be <D-w> i believe.

Am Freitag, 10. Januar 2014 20:14:57 UTC+1 schrieb Joel Moberg:
> Den fredagen den 3:e januari 2014 kl. 23:12:00 UTC+1 skrev [hidden email]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I recently updated to the 72 snapshot of macvim on osx mavericks and am now facing the problem, that some default os shortcuts like CMD+W (close window), CMD-N (open new window) or CMD-M (minimize to dock) are not working any more. It seems to me that they are mapped to something else. I have not changed anything concerning plugins or configuration. Maybe somebody knows how to change that? Or is it a bug or wanted behavior?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I think those mappings are bound using macmenu, see :h macm and make sure they are there first. CMD+W key should be <D-w> i believe.

Thanks for your answer!

":h :macm" only shows an error "Sorry, no help for macm". Does that mean my installation is missing a plugin or something like that? I also checked the gvimrc-file, and there are no custom mappings. Do you have another idea why the system mappings are gone?

Bye

Re: Default os shortcuts not working any more?

Joel Moberg
I think you should reinstall, maybe via brew and see if this helps.

Am Samstag, 11. Januar 2014 14:00:48 UTC+1 schrieb Joel Moberg:

> I think you should reinstall, maybe via brew and see if this helps.
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am Freitag, 10. Januar 2014 20:14:57 UTC+1 schrieb Joel Moberg:
>

> > Den fredagen den 3:e januari 2014 kl. 23:12:00 UTC+1 skrev [hidden email]:
>
> > > Hi all,
>

> > > I recently updated to the 72 snapshot of macvim on osx mavericks and am now facing the problem, that some default os shortcuts like CMD+W (close window), CMD-N (open new window) or CMD-M (minimize to dock) are not working any more. It seems to me that they are mapped to something else. I have not changed anything concerning plugins or configuration. Maybe somebody knows how to change that? Or is it a bug or wanted behavior?
>

> > > Thanks!
>

> > I think those mappings are bound using macmenu, see :h macm and make sure they are there first. CMD+W key should be <D-w> i believe.
>

> Thanks for your answer!
>

> ":h :macm" only shows an error "Sorry, no help for macm". Does that mean my installation is missing a plugin or something like that? I also checked the gvimrc-file, and there are no custom mappings. Do you have another idea why the system mappings are gone?
>

> Bye

> ---
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "vim_mac" group.

> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].

This was a very good suggestion. I removed macvim via macports and installed it again. After that I was able to use the shortcuts again :)

Thanks!