Default window width on win2000

Stephen Boulet
Can I change the default width of the gvim window when it launches? I'm
running under win2000. Thanks.

_________
Stephen

If your desktop gets out of control easily,
you probably have too much stuff on it that
doesn't need to be there.
         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"

Re: Default window width on win2000

Tim Chase-2
> Can I change the default width of the gvim window when it
> launches? I'm running under win2000. Thanks.

In your gvimrc file, you should be able to set the 'columns'
property to something more to your liking.  From my own, I have

        set lines=100 columns=80

Additionally, if you want it at a particular location, you can add

        au GUIEnter * winpos 600 0

which will move the window to your desired location (though your
window manager may also be smart about this).  For more info,
check out

        :help 'lines'
        :he 'columns'
        :he winpos

Hope this helps,

Re: Default window width on win2000

> Can I change the default width of the gvim window when it launches? I'm
> running under win2000. Thanks.
>
> _________
> Stephen
>
> If your desktop gets out of control easily,
> you probably have too much stuff on it that
> doesn't need to be there.
>         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"

See
    :help 'lines'
    :help 'columns'
    :help :winpos

Examples:
    To set 100 columns by 50 lines, 5 pixels away from the top and left
sides of the screen:
        winpos 5 5
        set lines=50 columns=100

    To occupy the whole available screen space:
        winpos 0 0
        set lines=99999 columns=99999

Add these lines to your vimrc. If you also change the 'guifont' you should,
for best results, change the guifont first and the lines&columns afterwards,
because changing the font may change the size of the gvim window.

HTH,
Tony.