Diff without folds

Eric Roman
Is there an option so that diff does not use folds?

I tried setting a very big context in diffopt, as in
:set diffopt=filler,context:10000

But surely this isn't the correct way of doing things

Re: Diff without folds

A.J.Mechelynck
> Is there an option so that diff does not use folds?
>
> I tried setting a very big context in diffopt, as in
> :set diffopt=filler,context:10000
>
> But surely this isn't the correct way of doing things

Why shouldn't it?

If you don't like it, another possibility is to open all folds after running
diff, e.g.,

    :windo setl fdm=manual fdl=99999

Your 'diffopt' method looks more elegant to me though.