Different colorschemes for different windows !

Different colorschemes for different windows !

Narayanan S. Iyer
Different colorschemes for different windows !

Is there any way at all to use different colorschemes for different Windows ?

Regards,
Iyer

RE: Different colorschemes for different windows !

Halim, Salman
Personal plug:  check out

Narayanan S. Iyer wrote:
> Different colorschemes for different windows !
>
> Is there any way at all to use different colorschemes for different Windows ?
>
> Regards,
> Iyer

Colorschemes work by redefining the attributes used for highlight
groups, using ":highlight" and similar commands. Now AFAIK highlight
groups are global. So IIUC you can use only one colorscheme per instance
of Vim. Now it "is" possible to use different colorschemes in console
Vim and gvim; it is possible to use different ones in different
instances of a same program; and if you have different "projects" it is
possible to launch Vim differently for each of them (the way I do it is
to have a "project vimrc" which does "source ~/_vimrc" and adds the
necessary changes around it); in the latter case you could have, say,
one colorscheme for day-in-day-out editing, one for editing the Vim
sources and possibly recompiling them, and one for that epic you're
writing, which is to be published as a 72-volume book some time after
your death.