Disable GUI Errors

Alexander Dunn
Part of the beauty of vim is that you can do everything from the keyboard.  You don't have to waste time moving back and from between the keyboard and the mouse.  MacVim completely destroys this convenience by showing a GUI window for every error.  I would really like a switch to disable this.  Just let me handle it in text, like any vim user.

Re: Disable GUI Errors

Nico Weber-3
On 23.12.2014, at 16:45, Alexander Dunn wrote:

> Part of the beauty of vim is that you can do everything from the keyboard.  You don't have to waste time moving back and from between the keyboard and the mouse.  MacVim completely destroys this convenience by showing a GUI window for every error.  I would really like a switch to disable this.  Just let me handle it in text, like any vim user.

See :help 'guioptions'

(in particular, 'c')

Nico

Re: Disable GUI Errors

Alexander Dunn
On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:12:33 PM UTC-8, Nico Weber wrote:

> On 23.12.2014, at 16:45, Alexander Dunn wrote:
>
> > Part of the beauty of vim is that you can do everything from the keyboard.  You don't have to waste time moving back and from between the keyboard and the mouse.  MacVim completely destroys this convenience by showing a GUI window for every error.  I would really like a switch to disable this.  Just let me handle it in text, like any vim user.
>

> See :help 'guioptions'
>
> (in particular, 'c')
>
> Nico
Thanks.  I set this in my .vimrc:
set guioptions-=c

But, I'm still getting the GUI error message I'm trying to silence.  You can see a screenshot of it attached.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 09.16.52.png (191K) Download Attachment

Re: Disable GUI Errors

Kyle Lippincott-2

I'm not near a computer but I think you want += not -=

Snet form moblie.

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:32:43 AM UTC-8, Kyle Lippincott wrote:

> I'm not near a computer but I think you want += not -=
>
> Snet form moblie.
>
> On Dec 31, 2014 12:17, "Alexander Dunn" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:12:33 PM UTC-8, Nico Weber wrote:
>
> > On 23.12.2014, at 16:45, Alexander Dunn wrote:
>

> > > Part of the beauty of vim is that you can do everything from the keyboard.  You don't have to waste time moving back and from between the keyboard and the mouse.  MacVim completely destroys this convenience by showing a GUI window for every error.  I would really like a switch to disable this.  Just let me handle it in text, like any vim user.
>

> > See :help 'guioptions'
>

> > (in particular, 'c')
>

> > Nico
>

> Thanks.  I set this in my .vimrc:
>
> set guioptions-=c
>

> But, I'm still getting the GUI error message I'm trying to silence.  You can see a screenshot of it attached.

> ---

Ahhh.  That did it.  I've got to read the help more carefully.  Thanks!