Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

Dominique Pellé
Hi

The Vim scripts at  http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
show something like...

  script karma  Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513

I've noticed in the last few days that the download
counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
affect all scripts.

Regards
-- Dominique

Re: Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

Bram Moolenaar

Dominique Pelle wrote:

> The Vim scripts at  http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
> show something like...
>
>   script karma  Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
>
> I've noticed in the last few days that the download
> counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
> affect all scripts.

It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
This is used to avoid counting a download twice.

Sourceforge ticket:
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1

I don't know a workaround.

--
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names,
        the ones I like are already taken.

I wrote:

> Dominique Pelle wrote:
>
> > The Vim scripts at  http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
> > show something like...
> >
> >   script karma  Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
> >
> > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
> > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
> > affect all scripts.
>
> It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
> This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
>
> Sourceforge ticket:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
>
> I don't know a workaround.

Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.

--
BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

Re: Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

brettstahlman
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:10:40 PM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > Dominique Pelle wrote:
> >
> > > The Vim scripts at  http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
> > > show something like...
> > >
> > >   script karma  Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
> > >
> > > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
> > > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
> > > affect all scripts.
> >
> > It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
> > This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
> >
> > Sourceforge ticket:
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
> >
> > I don't know a workaround.
>
> Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.
>
> --
> BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
>                  "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
>
>  /// Bram Moolenaar -- [hidden email] -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
> ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
> \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
>  \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///
Seems to be broken again...
Brett S.

Brett Stahlman wrote:

> On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:10:40 PM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > I wrote:

> > > It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
> > > This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
> > >
> > > Sourceforge ticket:
> > > https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
> > >
> > > I don't know a workaround.
> >
> > Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.
>
> Seems to be broken again...

We are no longer on SourceForge, thus it must be another problem.
How do you see this anyway?  If you can explain the problem more clearly
I can open a support request.

178. You look for an icon to double-click to open your bedroom window.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:00 PM Bram Moolenaar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Brett Stahlman wrote:

> On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:10:40 PM UTC-6, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > I wrote:

> > > It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
> > > This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
> > >
> > > Sourceforge ticket:
> > > https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
> > >
> > > I don't know a workaround.
> >
> > Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.
>
> Seems to be broken again...

We are no longer on SourceForge, thus it must be another problem.
How do you see this anyway?  If you can explain the problem more clearly
I can open a support request.

If I visit a plugin page on the Vim site (e.g., https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4156) and click on one of the download links at the bottom of the page, the file downloads but the "Downloaded by" value doesn't increment, even after I've refreshed the page.

Thanks,
Brett S.

178. You look for an icon to double-click to open your bedroom window.

///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
 \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

Re: Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

Bram Moolenaar

Brett Stahlman wrote;

> > > Seems to be broken again...
> >
> > We are no longer on SourceForge, thus it must be another problem.
> > How do you see this anyway?  If you can explain the problem more clearly
> > I can open a support request.
> >

> If I visit a plugin page on the Vim site (e.g.,
> https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4156) and click on one of
> the download links at the bottom of the page, the file downloads but the
> "Downloaded by" value doesn't increment, even after I've refreshed the page.

I found a typo in the function that gets the IP address.  Not sure why
it stopped working, but it appears to be working now.

184. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead
     your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:29:12 AM UTC-5, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Brett Stahlman wrote;

> > > We are no longer on SourceForge, thus it must be another problem.
> > > How do you see this anyway?  If you can explain the problem more clearly
> > > I can open a support request.
> > >

> > If I visit a plugin page on the Vim site (e.g.,
> > https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4156) and click on one of
> > the download links at the bottom of the page, the file downloads but the
> > "Downloaded by" value doesn't increment, even after I've refreshed the page.
>
> I found a typo in the function that gets the IP address.  Not sure why
> it stopped working, but it appears to be working now.
Thanks!
Brett S.