E121 : Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd on Vim 8.1 1-436 second launch

E121 : Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd on Vim 8.1 1-436 second launch

Ni Va
Hi,

I use this last built version of Vim.

VIM - Vi IMproved 8.1 (2018 May 18, compiled Sep 26 2018 13:46:15)
MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
Included patches: 1-436
Compiled by ni.va
Huge version with GUI.

Under Windows Seven 64 bits, on second launch of this Vim (deployed as standalone dir) from ~\AppData\Local\Temp, I encounter this warning :

Error detected while processing ~\AppData\Local\Temp\
Vim_x86\vim81\menu.vim:

line  163:
E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
paste#paste_cmd['v']

When I test the same launching Vim from ~/desktop

Thank you for help

VimVersion.txt (3K) Download Attachment
Vim_StartupFailsOnWinSeven64bits.PNG (9K) Download Attachment
vim_warn_info.txt (239 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: E121 : Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd on Vim 8.1 1-436 second launch

Ken Takata-2
Hi Ni,

2018/9/27 Thu 18:47:04 UTC+9 Ni Va wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use this last built version of Vim.
>
> VIM - Vi IMproved 8.1 (2018 May 18, compiled Sep 26 2018 13:46:15)
> MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
> Included patches: 1-436
> Compiled by ni.va
> Huge version with GUI.
>

> Under Windows Seven 64 bits, on second launch of this Vim (deployed as standalone dir) from ~\AppData\Local\Temp, I encounter this warning :
>
> Error detected while processing ~\AppData\Local\Temp\
> Vim_x86\vim81\menu.vim:
>
> line  163:
> E121: Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd
> E15: Invalid expression: 'vnoremenu <script> &Edit.&Paste<Tab>"+gP^I' .
> paste#paste_cmd['v']
>

> When I test the same launching Vim from ~/desktop
>
> Thank you for help
I know you're creating your own Vim distribution. I suspect whether this is an
issue of your distribution.

Please let us know the following things, anytime when you report an issue:

* A step-by-step reproducible way with a minimal settings.
  Using `vim --clean` is preferred.
  Just saying "on second launch" is unclear.
* What you see, and what you expect.
  (This time, this might be enough.)
* Which version of Vim (or gVim) and which version of OS are you using?
  (This time, this might be enough.)
* Does the same thing happen with the official binary from www.vim.org or
  the nightly builds from vim-win32-installer?

Regards,
Ken Takata

Re: E121 : Undefined variable: paste#paste_cmd on Vim 8.1 1-436 second launch

Tony Mechelynck
It looks to me like a case of out-of-date runtime files (but I could
be mistaken). Please check the last change dates of the following as
displayed near the top of each file (I'm listing the dates I see
there):

$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim   2018 May 17
$VIMRUNTIME/autoload/paste.vim    2017 Aug 30

paste#paste_cmd should be a Dictionary with keys 'n' 'v' and 'i' each
corresponding to a String. Line 163 of menu.vim is here too the first
line where it is referenced.

Note that it is NOT recommended to source the vimrc in an already
running instance of Vim. The recommended way to make Vim take note of
a modified vimrc is to shut Vim down properly then restart it.

Le jeudi 27 septembre 2018 12:52:21 UTC+2, Tony Mechelynck a écrit :

> It looks to me like a case of out-of-date runtime files (but I could
> be mistaken). Please check the last change dates of the following as
> displayed near the top of each file (I'm listing the dates I see
> there):
>
> $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim   2018 May 17
> $VIMRUNTIME/autoload/paste.vim    2017 Aug 30
>
> paste#paste_cmd should be a Dictionary with keys 'n' 'v' and 'i' each
> corresponding to a String. Line 163 of menu.vim is here too the first
> line where it is referenced.
>
> Note that it is NOT recommended to source the vimrc in an already
> running instance of Vim. The recommended way to make Vim take note of
> a modified vimrc is to shut Vim down properly then restart it.
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.
Ok after a Check,

1/ Tony, I got the good runtime files this time. check of "paste#paste_cmd should be a Dictionary with keys 'n' 'v' and 'i' " is OK

2/ Ken, second launch is just to say that I launch Vim two times.
   Effectively I don't use official installer but just put Vim main dir into %tmp% dir of local user under whatever Windows 64 32 bits, Physical or Virtual machine

   I cannot detail explicitly all tasks I do out of
    2.1 opening gvim, exploring dir with netrw, making current dir explored to current pwd and finding some string into files recursively with ripgrep.
    2.2 Then using a own vimscript to convert encapsulated vbscript into viewable bscript, extracting feature, modifying and restoring modified vbscript, saving a file then closing gvim.

3/ Not reproduced after several tests on VM or Physical machines under Windows Seven 64 or 32.

Will consider that it was a bad copy of main dir own distribution.

Thank you, sorry for inconvenience.
NiVa

Confirmed that the problem is not reproduced with release v8.1.0451 from https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases.

Le vendredi 5 octobre 2018 10:56:59 UTC+2, Ni Va a écrit :

> Le jeudi 27 septembre 2018 13:32:02 UTC+2, Ni Va a écrit :
> > Le jeudi 27 septembre 2018 12:52:21 UTC+2, Tony Mechelynck a écrit :
> > > It looks to me like a case of out-of-date runtime files (but I could
> > > be mistaken). Please check the last change dates of the following as
> > > displayed near the top of each file (I'm listing the dates I see
> > > there):
> > >
> > > $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim   2018 May 17
> > > $VIMRUNTIME/autoload/paste.vim    2017 Aug 30
> > >
> > > paste#paste_cmd should be a Dictionary with keys 'n' 'v' and 'i' each
> > > corresponding to a String. Line 163 of menu.vim is here too the first
> > > line where it is referenced.
> > >
> > > Note that it is NOT recommended to source the vimrc in an already
> > > running instance of Vim. The recommended way to make Vim take note of
> > > a modified vimrc is to shut Vim down properly then restart it.
> > >

> > > Best regards,
> > > Tony.
> >
> > Ok after a Check,
> >
> > 1/ Tony, I got the good runtime files this time. check of "paste#paste_cmd should be a Dictionary with keys 'n' 'v' and 'i' " is OK
> >
> > 2/ Ken, second launch is just to say that I launch Vim two times.
> >    Effectively I don't use official installer but just put Vim main dir into %tmp% dir of local user under whatever Windows 64 32 bits, Physical or Virtual machine
> >
> >    I cannot detail explicitly all tasks I do out of
> >     2.1 opening gvim, exploring dir with netrw, making current dir explored to current pwd and finding some string into files recursively with ripgrep.
> >     2.2 Then using a own vimscript to convert encapsulated vbscript into viewable bscript, extracting feature, modifying and restoring modified vbscript, saving a file then closing gvim.
> >
> > 3/ Not reproduced after several tests on VM or Physical machines under Windows Seven 64 or 32.
> >
> > Will consider that it was a bad copy of main dir own distribution.
> >
> > Thank you, sorry for inconvenience.
> > NiVa
>
> Confirmed that the problem is not reproduced with release v8.1.0451 from https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases.
Confirmed origin of problem : added directory vim81/extDlls/ruby/x86
and loading dll interfaces like that :

let dllPath  = fnamemodify($vimruntime.'/extDlls',':p:h:gs?/?\\?')
" Llvm
" let $path.=';'.thirdpartbase.'/llvm/bin'
let g:vimsyn_embed = 'r'
" Ripgrep
let $path.=';'.dllPath.'/rg'

if has('win32')

  " lua
  set luadll=./extDlls/lua/x86/lua54.dll
  let $path.=';'.dllPath.'/lua/x86'

  " python
  set pythondll=./extDlls/python/x86/python27.dll
  set pythonthreedll=./extDlls/python/x86/python37.dll

  let $path.=';c:/ThirdParty/python27/Lib/site-packages'
  let $path.=';c:/ThirdParty/python37/Lib/site-packages'

  let $path.=';c:/ThirdParty/python27/Scripts'
  let $path.=';c:/ThirdParty/python37/Scripts'
  set pyxversion=3

  " ruby
  set rubydll=msvcrt-ruby250.dll
  let $path.=';'.dllPath.'/ruby/x86'

  let rubylibpath=expand($vimruntime.'/extDlls/ruby/x86/lib/ruby/2.5.0')
  " let $LOAD_PATH.unshift File.expand_path(".", rubylibpath)
  let $LOAD_PATH = ''.rubylibpath

endif

" ============================================================================
" Netrw Directory Listing                                        (netrw v156)
"   D:/Logiciels/Vim/vim81/extDlls/ruby/x86
"   Sorted by      name
"   Sort sequence: [\/]$,\.h$,\.c$,\.cpp$,*,\.o$,\.obj$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.bak$,\~$
"   Quick Help: <F1>:help  -:go up dir  D:delete  R:rename  s:sort-by  x:special
" ==============================================================================
../
./
lib/