E169 after installation

L.D. Ibáñez
Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest zip, and manually move everything to the proper .vim directories (that includes, creating a "ruby" folder in the ftplugin directory and put the ruby.vim and eruby.vim).

When i do "vim hello.rb", got a nasty E169 "command too recursive", refered to the  lines 1 and 50 of  the files in my .vim and in the vim71 directory... it seems that teh 50th line is the one in eruby.vim.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

P.D. Ubuntu 7.10 and vim 7.1.56, the html ftplugin worked fine.

--
Luis D. Ibáñez G.
Computer Engineering Undergraduate

Re: E169 after installation

Tim Pope-2
Hi Luis,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 04:19:35PM -0400, Luis Daniel Ibáñez González wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest zip, and manually move everything to the
> proper .vim directories (that includes, creating a "ruby" folder in the
> ftplugin directory and put the ruby.vim and eruby.vim).

No part of the installation process involves creating a ruby directory
so somehow or other you've been led astray.  Try running the
vim-ruby-install.rb script instead.

> When i do "vim hello.rb", got a nasty E169 "command too recursive", refered
> to the  lines 1 and 50 of  the files in my .vim and in the vim71
> directory... it seems that teh 50th line is the one in eruby.vim.

There are 4 different files named eruby.vim.

> Am i doing something wrong here?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> P.D. Ubuntu 7.10 and vim 7.1.56, the html ftplugin worked fine.

If you have Vim 7.1, you already have the newest version of Vim/Ruby
anyways and the issue is moot.  (Though we're well overdue for a
release *cough*).

Oh, and if it's a default Ubuntu install, run "apt-get install vim",
as you have a stripped down version.

Cheers,
Tim