E203

Matthew Gifford
I am using the graphical Vim (6.3.71) on Mac OS X (10.4.2, build 8C46).

Up until a couple weeks ago, it was working just fine. But now, when
I try to open a file by double-clicking on a document's icon, I get a
Vim window with an empty buffer. If I try to save this buffer, I get:

E203: Autocommands deleted or unloaded buffer to be written

To my knowledge, I haven't done anything relating to autocommands.
Reinstalling Vim hasn't helped. Does anyone have suggestions for how
I might go about fixing this?