Ellipsis digraph

Steve
  Hi,

  I'm failing to find the digraph for the ellipsis (... but tighter).
  Playing around, I'm finding some pretty strange things. For example:

  Ctl-v u 8555 gives 蕕

  but

  Ctl-k cR gives Ⅻ  which is what is given in the :digraphs page. If I'm
  not mistaken, both should give the same result.

  I've tested this on xfce4-terminal (version 0.4.8) on Debian wheezy
  and Terminator (version 0.95-1). Vim's huge version, compiled by me is
  7.4 with patched 1 to 463.

  I'm missing something but neither Internet nor my brain are able to
  say what.

  Any help is appreciated.

  Best regards,
  Steve

Re: Ellipsis digraph

Adri Verhoef
On 2015-04-04 13:04, Steve wrote:

>    I'm failing to find the digraph for the ellipsis (... but tighter).

You could add this one line to your .vimrc:

silent! dig -. 8230 "U+2026=… HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS

>    Playing around, I'm finding some pretty strange things. For example:
>
>    Ctl-v u 8555 gives 蕕

When you're typing ctrl-V u, you're supposed to supply a hexadecimal number.

>    but
>
>    Ctl-k cR gives Ⅻ  which is what is given in the :digraphs page. If I'm
>    not mistaken, both should give the same result.

What you see - next to cR and Ⅻ - is the decimal number 8555, not the
hexadecimal number.

Adri

Re: Ellipsis digraph

Steve
Le 04-04-2015, à 13:23:52 +0200, Adri Verhoef a écrit :

> On 2015-04-04 13:04, Steve wrote:
>
> >   I'm failing to find the digraph for the ellipsis (... but tighter).
>
> You could add this one line to your .vimrc:
>
> silent! dig -. 8230 "U+2026=…  HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS

  Thanks, that did it. But where do you get the 8230 code, I don't see
  anything in :digraph?

> >   Playing around, I'm finding some pretty strange things. For example:
> >
> >   Ctl-v u 8555 gives 蕕
>
> When you're typing ctrl-V u, you're supposed to supply a hexadecimal number.

  Yes, I was confusing things.

  Best,
  Steve

Re: Ellipsis digraph

Tim Chase
On 2015-04-04 17:10, Steve wrote:
> > silent! dig -. 8230 "U+2026=…  HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS
>
>   Thanks, that did it. But where do you get the 8230 code, I don't
> see anything in :digraph?

8230 (decimal) == 0x2026 (hex)

The ":help :digraph" states that the number should be in decimal.

Re: Ellipsis digraph

Christian Brabandt
Hi Steve!

On Sa, 04 Apr 2015, Steve wrote:

> Le 04-04-2015, à 13:23:52 +0200, Adri Verhoef a écrit :
> > On 2015-04-04 13:04, Steve wrote:
> > >   I'm failing to find the digraph for the ellipsis (... but tighter).
> >
> > You could add this one line to your .vimrc:
> >
> > silent! dig -. 8230 "U+2026=…  HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS
>
>   Thanks, that did it. But where do you get the 8230 code, I don't see
>   anything in :digraph?

Check the help page for the digraphs (:h digraph-table)

Also you might want to check my plugin
https://github.com/chrisbra/unicode.vim

Best,
Christian
--
Jeder Denker bringt einen Teil der scheinbar festgefügten Welt in
Gefahr, und niemand kann voraussagen, was an dessen Stelle treten

Re: Ellipsis digraph

Steve
Le 04-04-2015, à 11:36:54 -0500, Tim Chase a écrit :

> On 2015-04-04 17:10, Steve wrote:
> > > silent! dig -. 8230 "U+2026=…  HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS
> >
> >   Thanks, that did it. But where do you get the 8230 code, I don't
> > see anything in :digraph?
>
> 8230 (decimal) == 0x2026 (hex)
>
> The ":help :digraph" states that the number should be in decimal.

  Thanks Tim!