Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:

Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:

Aníbal Rojas-2
Hello,

    I am quite new to vim. Just installed ruby-vim using ruby gems,
and the install script as indicated. And now, whenever I open a .rb
file I get the following error:

Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:
line 3:
E518: Unknow option ofu<

    After hitting ENTER I can edit the file.

    This error is displayed both in vim and gvim, version
1:6.4-006+2ubuntu. At the bottom of the mail is the output of $ gem
specification vim-ruby

    I am not sure if this is the correct place to write this message,
please let me know if you would prefer this information being posted
as a bug.

    Thanks id advance,

--
Aníbal Rojas
http://www.rubycorner.com

$ gem specification vim-ruby
--- !ruby/object:Gem::Specification
rubygems_version: 0.9.1
specification_version: 1
name: vim-ruby
version: !ruby/object:Gem::Version
  version: 2006.07.11
date: 2006-07-10 00:00:00 -04:00
summary: Ruby configuration files for Vim.  Run 'vim-ruby-install.rb'
to complete installation.
require_paths:
- .
email: [hidden email]
homepage: http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org
rubyforge_project: vim-ruby
'vim-ruby-install.rb' to complete installation.  This package doesn't
contain a Ruby library.
autorequire:
default_executable: vim-ruby-install.rb
bindir: bin
has_rdoc: false
required_ruby_version: !ruby/object:Gem::Version::Requirement
  requirements:
  - - ">="
    - !ruby/object:Gem::Version
      version: 1.8.0
  version:
platform: ruby
signing_key:
cert_chain:
post_install_message:
authors:
- Gavin Sinclair et al.
files:
- ChangeLog
- CONTRIBUTORS
- INSTALL
- NEWS
- README
- bin/vim-ruby-install.rb
- doc/ft-ruby-syntax.txt
- doc/ft-ruby-omni.txt
- autoload/rubycomplete.vim
- compiler/ruby.vim
- compiler/eruby.vim
- compiler/rubyunit.vim
- ftdetect/ruby.vim
- ftplugin/eruby.vim
- ftplugin/ruby.vim
- indent/eruby.vim
- indent/ruby.vim
- syntax/eruby.vim
- syntax/ruby.vim
test_files: []

rdoc_options: []

extra_rdoc_files: []

executables:
- vim-ruby-install.rb
extensions: []

requirements:
- RubyGems 0.8+
- Vim 6.0+
dependencies: []

Re: Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:

Tim Pope-2
On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:12:28PM -0400, Aníbal Rojas wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am quite new to vim. Just installed ruby-vim using ruby gems,
> and the install script as indicated. And now, whenever I open a .rb
> file I get the following error:
>
> Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:
> line 3:
> E518: Unknow option ofu<
>
>     After hitting ENTER I can edit the file.
>
>     This error is displayed both in vim and gvim, version
> 1:6.4-006+2ubuntu. At the bottom of the mail is the output of $ gem
> specification vim-ruby
>
>     I am not sure if this is the correct place to write this message,
> please let me know if you would prefer this information being posted
> as a bug.

The problem relates to Vim trying to set up omnicompletion, a Vim 7
feature.  The version of ftplugin/ruby.vim in CVS already has this
fixed.

Speaking of which, Doug, any chance of finally doing that release in
the next couple of release?  The ERB indent file still hasn't seen the
light of day yet. :)

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:

Doug Kearns
On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:12:44PM -0600, Tim Pope wrote:

<snip>

> Speaking of which, Doug, any chance of finally doing that release in
> the next couple of release?  The ERB indent file still hasn't seen the
> light of day yet. :)

Oh that old chestnut. ;-)  I was wondering about the status of
rubycomplete.vim which wasn't working for me at all.  Since it now is,
for reasons unknown to me, it seems like a good idea. :)

I just want to have a look through a patch to rubyunit.vim tonight.

Regards,
Doug

Re: Error detected while processing function <SNR>5_LoadFTPlugin:

Doug Kearns
G'day Aníbal,

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:12:28PM -0400, Aníbal Rojas wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am quite new to vim.

If you can, I'd suggest you update to the latest version Vim 7 for all
the usual reasons.

<snip>

>     I am not sure if this is the correct place to write this message,
> please let me know if you would prefer this information being posted
> as a bug.

Either here or the bug tracker is fine - what ever is easiest for you.

Thanks,
Doug