Errors while quitting macvim

P V

Errors while quitting macvim

P V
Hello,

    I'm using version 7.3.333 on snow leopard. Any method other than "command q" to quit results in a combined 99% CPU usage between VIM & kernel_task (some kind of runaway process?). This include :q, :q! . This is my error:

Vim(4972,0x7fff70499c20) malloc: *** error for object 0x46433e79656b3c09: pointer being freed was not allocated
Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
Vim: Finished.

Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks for any help !

Re: Errors while quitting macvim

Björn Winckler
On 10 November 2011 18:25, P V wrote:

>     I'm using version 7.3.333 on snow leopard. Any method other than
> "command q" to quit results in a combined 99% CPU usage between VIM &
> kernel_task (some kind of runaway process?). This include :q, :q! . This is
> my error:
>
> Vim(4972,0x7fff70499c20) malloc: *** error for object 0x46433e79656b3c09:
> pointer being freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
> Vim: Finished.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks for any help !

I'm unsure which version of Vim you are using.  You mention pressing
Cmd+q so I'll assume it is some version of MacVim?  What version (look
under the menu MacVim -> About) and where did you download it from if
so?  Or did you build from sources?

Björn

P V

Re: Errors while quitting macvim

P V
Bjorn,

  Thanks for such a fast response! Yes i'm using Macvim. I downloaded it from github using all their instructions to install through terminal (https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building) . The version is custom 7.3 (62).

On 10 November 2011 21:44, P V wrote:

>   Thanks for such a fast response! Yes i'm using Macvim. I downloaded it
> from github using all their instructions to install through terminal
> (https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building) . The version is custom
> 7.3 (62).

In that case I suggest that you do a "make clean" and then call "make" again.

If that doesn't work try downloading a snapshot (currently snapshot 62
if you are using Snow Leopard, note that there is one for Lion and one
for Snow Leopard) and see how that goes.

Björn