Executable Lines - simple test demo

Noel Henson
Here is my demo of smart executable lines.

You can configure it at the top of the script. Commands starting with '&'
will be executed in the background and vim won't wait for their completion.
Commands starting with '!' will execute in the foreground and vim will hang
until their completion. Eg.

'&firefox' will be executed as 'firefox url &'
'!firefox' will be executed as 'firefox url'

If neither of these is present, vim will execute the command as a normal
mode vim command.

To load it, load a file and do a :so vo_exec.vim

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Noel

vo_exec.vim (818 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Executable Lines - simple test demo

Noel Henson
On Friday 26 September 2008, Noel Henson wrote:

> Here is my demo of smart executable lines.
>
> You can configure it at the top of the script. Commands starting with
> '&' will be executed in the background and vim won't wait for their
> completion. Commands starting with '!' will execute in the foreground
> and vim will hang until their completion. Eg.
>
> '&firefox' will be executed as 'firefox url &'
> '!firefox' will be executed as 'firefox url'
>
> If neither of these is present, vim will execute the command as a normal
> mode vim command.
>
> To load it, load a file and do a :so vo_exec.vim
>
> Give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Noel
Here is a more generic version. It looks a bit more complicated to set up
but supports Steve's _exe_ tags.

Noel

vo_exec.vim (784 bytes) Download Attachment