Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Matěj Cepl
Hi,

I have created a first experimental version of packages of VO for
Fedora. Mind you it is really the first attempt to build more complex
RPM after more than five years living with Debian, so if any part of the
package works it is one irrefutable prove of God's existence and power
to make miracles ;-). However, of course, I would love as many as
possible of you to try it (even on non-Red Hat RPM-based  distributions,
it actually may work, as AFAIK there is nothing Red Hat specific about
them) and report any problems back to me. I would like then try to get
them to Fedora Extras (volunteer-driven part of Fedora) as official
packages.

Installation package is
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-1.noarch.rpm
Source package (if anybody needs that) is
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-1.src.rpm
and I put SPEC file separately at
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner.spec

Best,

Matěj Cepl
--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

In political activity men sail a boundless and bottomless sea;
there is neither harbor for shelter nor floor for anchorage,
neither starting point nor appointed destination.
-- Michael Oakeshott: Rationalism in Politics

Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

David J Patrick-2
On 08/11/06, Matej Cepl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I would love as many as
> possible of you to try it (even on non-Red Hat RPM-based  distributions,
> it actually may work, as AFAIK there is nothing Red Hat specific about
> them) and report any problems back to me. I would like then try to get
> them to Fedora Extras (volunteer-driven part of Fedora) as official
> packages.

hullo,
please to make debian packages for the rest of us..
'cause, y'know, RPM ain't everybody.
thanks,
djp

www.linuxcaffe.ca
geek chic and caffe cachet
326 Harbord Street,
Toronto, M6G 3A5,
(416) 534-2116

Matej Cepl píše v St 08. 11. 2006 v 20:36 +0100:
> so if any part of the package works it is one irrefutable prove of God's
> existence and power to make miracles ;-).

Updated version which has actually closer to working is available in the
same place

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-2.noarch.rpm
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-2.src.rpm
and http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner.spec

Enjoy!

Matěj
--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with
great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Steve Litt
Hi Matej,

I use Mandriva 2006, which used to be Mandrake, which last century forked off
of Red Hat. Do you think your RPM would work on Mandriva?

SteveT

Matej Cepl píše v St 08. 11. 2006 v 23:21 +0100:
> Updated version which has actually closer to working is available in the
> same place

I have created the last experimental version of VO for Fedora (which
should be roughly functionally equivalent of the Debian package; except
I haven't included otl2docbook.pl, otl2pdb.pl, otl2ooimpress.py, and
vosummarize -- first three because they don't seem to be that useful and
they introduce new Requirements, and the last one because it seems to be
so trivial, that doesn't matter -- if anybody longs for inclusion of any
of these, please, let me know). Packages are in the same place as
previous ones:

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-3.noarch.rpm
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-3.src.rpm
and http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner.spec

Enjoy!

Matěj
--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

Always make new mistakes
-- Esther Dyson

Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Noel Henson
Matej,

Can you make reference to the non-included tools with a link to my site to
get the most recent versions?

Thanks,
Noel

PS: Thank you, personally, for the disto work you've done and are doing on
behalf of VO. :)

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:30, Matej Cepl wrote:

> Matej Cepl pí?e v St 08. 11. 2006 v 23:21 +0100:
> > Updated version which has actually closer to working is available in
> > the same place
>
> I have created the last experimental version of VO for Fedora (which
> should be roughly functionally equivalent of the Debian package; except
> I haven't included otl2docbook.pl, otl2pdb.pl, otl2ooimpress.py, and
> vosummarize -- first three because they don't seem to be that useful and
> they introduce new Requirements, and the last one because it seems to be
> so trivial, that doesn't matter -- if anybody longs for inclusion of any
> of these, please, let me know). Packages are in the same place as
> previous ones:
>
> http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-3.noarch.rpm
> http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner-0.3.4-3.src.rpm
> and http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/progs/rpms/vimoutliner.spec
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Mat?j

Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Matej Cepl-2
Noel Henson scripst:
> Can you make reference to the non-included tools with a link to my
site to
> get the most recent versions?

There is already reference to http://www.vimoutliner.org in
/usr/share/doc/vimoutliner-*/README.Fedora. How many people are actually
using these scripts? If there is a demand, I may create new package
(e.g.,
vimoutlienr-tools or something) just with these (and any other
additional)
scripts for vioutliner. otl_handler is already distributed
in examples/ (I don't know how to configure and install mod_* stuff).

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

Economics is the only discipline where two people can win a Nobel
Prize for saying exactly the opposite thing!
    -- Eamonn Butler of Adam Smith Institute
       on Nobel Prize awards for year 2001

Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Matěj Cepl
Noel Henson scripst:
> Can you make reference to the non-included tools with a link to my
> site to get the most recent versions?

There is already reference to http://www.vimoutliner.org in
/usr/share/doc/vimoutliner-*/README.Fedora. How many people are
actually using these scripts? If there is a demand, I may create new
package (e.g., vimoutlienr-tools or something) just with these (and any
other additional) scripts for vimoutliner. otl_handler is already
distributed in examples/ (I don't know how to configure and install
mod_* stuff).

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

He had delusions of adequacy.
-- Walter Kerr

Re: Re: Experimental packages of VO for Fedora Core 6

Noel Henson
On Monday 13 November 2006 08:53, Matej Cepl wrote:

> Noel Henson scripst:
> > Can you make reference to the non-included tools with a link to my
>
> site to
>
> > get the most recent versions?
>
> There is already reference to http://www.vimoutliner.org in
> /usr/share/doc/vimoutliner-*/README.Fedora. How many people are actually
> using these scripts? If there is a demand, I may create new package
> (e.g.,
> vimoutlienr-tools or something) just with these (and any other
> additional)
> scripts for vioutliner. otl_handler is already distributed
> in examples/ (I don't know how to configure and install mod_* stuff).
>
> Mat?j

I get about 150 total downloads of the scripts. Most incoming links are
from vimoutliner.org. We should probably leave it that way.

Thanks,
Noel

Noel Henson píše v Út 14. 11. 2006 v 07:24 -0800:
> I get about 150 total downloads of the scripts. Most incoming links are
> from vimoutliner.org. We should probably leave it that way.

That is -- which way? ;-)

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you
here.
-- Stephen Bishop

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 08:33, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Noel Henson pí?e v Út 14. 11. 2006 v 07:24 -0800:
> > I get about 150 total downloads of the scripts. Most incoming links
> > are from vimoutliner.org. We should probably leave it that way.
>
> That is -- which way? ;-)
>
> Mat?j

No need to include extra links to my scripts.

Thanks,
Noel

"David J Patrick" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 08/11/06, Matej Cepl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> please to make debian packages for the rest of us..
> 'cause, y'know, RPM ain't everybody.

I have already did :) (I was using Debian before coming to Red Hat), so it
should be in the official repositories, but I have no clue how well (if
at all) it is maintained these days.

Matěj