Extra margin after diffsplit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extra margin after diffsplit

Jeenu V

Hi Vimmers,

If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
body help?

Thanks
Jeenu


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extra margin after diffsplit

Tony Mechelynck

Jeenu wrote:

> Hi Vimmers,
>
> If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
> those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
> folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
> that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
> buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
> body help?
>
> Thanks
> Jeenu

Going to ":help diff" and scrolling down shows a handful of options which are
set when starting diff mode.

I guess what bothers you is the 'foldcolumn'.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of purge."

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extra margin after diffsplit

Jeenu V

Yup, that did help - Thanks!

On Aug 2, 10:18 am, Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Jeenu wrote:
> > Hi Vimmers,
>
> > If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
> > those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
> > folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
> > that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
> > buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
> > body help?
>
> > Thanks
> > Jeenu
>
> Going to ":help diff" and scrolling down shows a handful of options which are
> set when starting diff mode.
>
> I guess what bothers you is the 'foldcolumn'.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of purge."


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extra margin after diffsplit

Bob Hiestand
In reply to this post by Jeenu V

On 8/2/07, Jeenu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
> those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
> folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
> that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
> buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
> body help?

Check
:help :diffoff

for a command that resets things to a simple configuration.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extra margin after diffsplit

Jeenu V

Indeed, the :diffoff sets the foldcolumn to 0 that effectively makes
it disappear. You help me discover a new command - Thanks

On Aug 2, 7:26 pm, "Bob Hiestand" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8/2/07, Jeenu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
> > those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
> > folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
> > that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
> > buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
> > body help?
>
> Check
> :help :diffoff
>
> for a command that resets things to a simple configuration.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---