Extra sheet of paper.

John Culleton-3
I often print a one page document from gvim.
Inevitably it follows it with a blank sheet of
paper. But if I print two sheets it does not add
an extra. Other apps such as Okular don't do
this.
Version 7.4.50 on Linux.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

Re: Extra sheet of paper.

Steve Litt
On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:13:40 -0500
John Culleton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I often print a one page document from gvim.
> Inevitably it follows it with a blank sheet of
> paper. But if I print two sheets it does not add
> an extra. Other apps such as Okular don't do
> this.
> Version 7.4.50 on Linux.

Vim's print function has always sucked. I do this:

enscript -P myprinter -fTimes-Roman12 mydoc.txt

SteveT

Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance

Re: Extra sheet of paper.

Steve Litt
I'm so sorry for the way I phrased this. I thought I was talking to John
on a different mailing list.

So let me rephrase:

I prefer using Vim for its editing speed and prowess, and leaving the
printing to enscript.

SteveT

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:22:23 -0500
Steve Litt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:13:40 -0500
> John Culleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I often print a one page document from gvim.
> > Inevitably it follows it with a blank sheet of
> > paper. But if I print two sheets it does not add
> > an extra. Other apps such as Okular don't do
> > this.
> > Version 7.4.50 on Linux.
>
> Vim's print function has always sucked. I do this:
>
> enscript -P myprinter -fTimes-Roman12 mydoc.txt
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
> Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance

Re: Extra sheet of paper.

tooth pik
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 03:22:23PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:13:40 -0500
> John Culleton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Vim's print function has always sucked. I do this:

> enscript -P myprinter -fTimes-Roman12 mydoc.txt

which goes to show, you never know what you're going to learn reading
this list -- I've always used lp to print -- this enscript command
produces gorgeous print compared to that -- thank you Steve

--
_|_ _  __|_|_ ._ o|
 |_(_)(_)|_| ||_)||<

BPJ

Re: Extra sheet of paper.

BPJ
Den 2015-02-20 02:41, toothpik skrev:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 03:22:23PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:13:40 -0500
>> John Culleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Vim's print function has always sucked. I do this:
>
>> enscript -P myprinter -fTimes-Roman12 mydoc.txt
>
> which goes to show, you never know what you're going to learn reading
> this list -- I've always used lp to print -- this enscript command
> produces gorgeous print compared to that -- thank you Steve

Since enscript can't handle UTF-8 I use paps|lpr,
with my own wrapper since I don't like the paps defaults
and it takes an awful lot of options to get what I like.

/bpj