FONTS : Getting in gvim (Gnome/Gtk 2.+) the same font as in gvim win32

FONTS : Getting in gvim (Gnome/Gtk 2.+) the same font as in gvim win32

Eddine
Hi,

I like the FixedSys fonts of gVim under win32 and I would like to set
the same in my Gnome 2.10 environement.
For that I have downloaded the font FixedSys.ttf installed in under
Gnome, and my problem is that I don't how to do so it is set as the
default font.

When I set it throught the gui menu it takes teh following value :
:guifont=FixedsysTTF Semi-Bold 12

But when I add that line in my gvimrc file, it raises me an error.
How can I do to set it once for all.

Thank you.

T?l?chargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

Re: Fonts : Getting in gvim (Gnome/Gtk 2.+) the same font as in gvim win32

Matt Foster
Quoting Eddine ([hidden email]):

> Hi,
>
> I like the FixedSys fonts of gVim under win32 and I would like to set
> the same in my Gnome 2.10 environement.
> For that I have downloaded the font FixedSys.ttf installed in under
> Gnome, and my problem is that I don't how to do so it is set as the
> default font.
>
> When I set it throught the gui menu it takes teh following value :
> :guifont=FixedsysTTF Semi-Bold 12
>
> But when I add that line in my gvimrc file, it raises me an error.
> How can I do to set it once for all.
>
> Thank you.
Hi,

I think you need to escape the spaces. I have:

set guifont=Lucida\ Console\ Semi-Condensed\ 7

In my .gvimrc (which works BTW :)

--
Cheers,

Matt Foster <[hidden email]>
------------------------------------
NP: Amorphis - Forever More (Am Universum)

Re: FONTS : Getting in gvim (Gnome/Gtk 2.+) the same font as in gvim win32

> I like the FixedSys fonts of gVim under win32 and I would like to set
> the same in my Gnome 2.10 environement.
> For that I have downloaded the font FixedSys.ttf installed in under
> Gnome, and my problem is that I don't how to do so it is set as the
> default font.
>
> When I set it throught the gui menu it takes teh following value :
> :guifont=FixedsysTTF Semi-Bold 12
>
> But when I add that line in my gvimrc file, it raises me an error.
> How can I do to set it once for all.
>
> Thank you.

In the argument of the ":set" statement, spaces are seen as separators,
therefore if there are spaces (or quotes or backslashes) within a value they
must be backslash-escaped.

Under gvim with GTK+2 gui you would write (I think)

    :set guifont=Fixedsys\ Semi-Bold\ 12