Fastest way to edit file by command gvim launched

Fastest way to edit file by command gvim launched

Ni Va
Hi,

I need to modify makefile to build vim and I wonder if the way I took is the fastest one.

I launch gvim by command to setline I need to modify.

[''D:\Logiciels\Vim\vim80/gvim.exe'', ''-c'', ''edit C:\Users\nn\AppData\Local\Temp\vim\src\Make_mvc.mak'', ''-c'', ''call setline(1,''''set SDK_INCLUDE_DIR = C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include'''')'']

launched by job_start or :! and it works but is it the fastest way ?
Thank you !
Niva

Re: Fastest way to edit file by command gvim launched

tuxic

Hi

May

    gvim.exe <file> +<linenumber>

work?

Cheers
Meino

Le lundi 29 mai 2017 18:02:47 UTC+2, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hi
>
> May
>
>     gvim.exe <file> +<linenumber>
>
> work?
>
> Cheers
> Meino
>

> On 05/29 02:33, Ni Va wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to modify makefile to build vim and I wonder if the way I took is the fastest one.
> >
> > I launch gvim by command to setline I need to modify.
> >

> > [''D:\Logiciels\Vim\vim80/gvim.exe'', ''-c'', ''edit C:\Users\nn\AppData\Local\Temp\vim\src\Make_mvc.mak'', ''-c'', ''call setline(1,''''set SDK_INCLUDE_DIR = C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include'''')'']
> >
> > launched by job_start or :! and it works but is it the fastest way ?
> > Thank you !
> > Niva
> >
> > --
> > --
> >
> > ---
I mean to insert lines at begin. This is the short I found for instant.

        let begin = [$vimruntime."/gvim.exe", "-c", "edit ".makefile, "-c",
                                  \"call append(0, ".string(lines2Append).")"]