Fedora 22 and Vim

Kevin Tough
Hi Folks,

I've installed Fedora 22 on one of my notebooks. The syntax highlighting
in Fedora 22 is terrible. The new colors are very pastel like, and not
at all to my liking. Would someone be able to explain how I can retain
the colors I like?

I sent an Email to the Fedora people but did not get an answer from
them.

Namaste,
Kevin Tough

Re: Fedora 22 and Vim

Ethan Hereth

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Kevin Tough <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've installed Fedora 22 on one of my notebooks. The syntax highlighting
in Fedora 22 is terrible. The new colors are very pastel like, and not
at all to my liking. Would someone be able to explain how I can retain
the colors I like?

I sent an Email to the Fedora people but did not get an answer from
them.

Namaste,
Kevin Tough

Kevin,

What is your color scheme?  You can find this out by running the command ':colorscheme' (without the single quotes.) Are you aware that you can change the color scheme to your liking, regardless of what Fedora provides? See ':help colorscheme'

Vim usually ships with a handful of options so you should be able to find one you like. You can also install schemes you find online.

Ethan Alan

Re: Fedora 22 and Vim

Elimar Riesebieter
* Kevin Tough <[hidden email]> [2015-04-23 17:46 +0200]:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've installed Fedora 22 on one of my notebooks. The syntax highlighting
> in Fedora 22 is terrible. The new colors are very pastel like, and not
> at all to my liking. Would someone be able to explain how I can retain
> the colors I like?

Choose your colorscheme:

add

colorscheme $YOURCOLORSCHEME$

to your (g)vimrc

Elimar
--
 You cannot propel yourself forward by
  patting yourself on the back.

Re: Fedora 22 and Vim

Salvador Ortiz
The /etc/vimrc installed in F22 checks for $COLORTERM to adjust the background, that change the behavior default colorscheme.

Try with "COLORTERM=gnome-terminal" in your environment.

Regards.