First pass at otl2tags

Noel Henson
Everyone,

Here is my first pass at otl2tags. It converts a VO document, tables and
all, to any tags-based format. Well, I'm sure there are some that will be
troublesome. It is configured completely via a configuration file. The file
contains a list of patterns that tell the program what to do. I've included
two types of html configuration files. OPML and others should be quite easy
to add.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Noel

otl2tagsDemo.tgz (8K) Download Attachment

Re: First pass at otl2tags

Steve Litt
On Tuesday 18 October 2005 12:14 pm, Noel Henson wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Here is my first pass at otl2tags. It converts a VO document, tables and
> all, to any tags-based format. Well, I'm sure there are some that will be
> troublesome. It is configured completely via a configuration file. The file
> contains a list of patterns that tell the program what to do. I've included
> two types of html configuration files. OPML and others should be quite easy
> to add.
>
> Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Noel

Hi Noel,

Is there any way you could change the name otl2tags to something else? When I
downloaded it I thought it was a replacement for vo_maketags.pl -- the
implementation of interoutline linking.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: First pass at otl2tags

Noel Henson
On Tuesday 18 October 2005 01:00 pm, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 12:14 pm, Noel Henson wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > Here is my first pass at otl2tags. It converts a VO document, tables
> > and all, to any tags-based format. Well, I'm sure there are some that
> > will be troublesome. It is configured completely via a configuration
> > file. The file contains a list of patterns that tell the program what
> > to do. I've included two types of html configuration files. OPML and
> > others should be quite easy to add.
> >
> > Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
> >
> > Noel
>
> Hi Noel,
>
> Is there any way you could change the name otl2tags to something else?
> When I downloaded it I thought it was a replacement for vo_maketags.pl
> -- the implementation of interoutline linking.

I'm kinda stuck on the name. It goes with my own add-ons to VO. I currently
have otl2table.py, otl2html.py and now otl2tags.py. I don't think there
should be too much confusion as my tools do not follow the VO naming
convention.

Sorry about the confusion though. I guess I could have provided more
description.

Noel