Fold color

Dain
Hi all,

I am trying to change the vim foldcolor that appears when i close the
fold (grey background with blue text)

I tried:

:highlight FoldColumn guifg=Black guibg=Black
:highlight Folded guifg=Black guibg=Black

everything should be black now (I tried this just to test).
but it doesn't change anything. Still grey bg and blue fg ... any
ideas?
I have syntax on if this matters.

Thank you

Re: Fold color

Benjamin R. Haskell-8
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Dain wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to change the vim foldcolor that appears when i close the
> fold (grey background with blue text)
>
> I tried:
>
> :highlight FoldColumn guifg=Black guibg=Black
> :highlight Folded guifg=Black guibg=Black
>
> everything should be black now (I tried this just to test).  but it
> doesn't change anything. Still grey bg and blue fg ... any ideas?
> I have syntax on if this matters.

If you're not using gvim, you'll want the ctermfg and ctermbg settings
(not guifg and guibg).

Check to see what you get from
:hi Folded

And change what's set.  E.g. for me:

Folded     xxx term=standout ctermfg=241 ctermbg=255

So, this changes it to a peach color:
:hi Folded ctermfg=216

--
Best,