Font size change

Andrew.Bridgeman

I am currently trying to change the font size of files being viewed using
vim from the default ( 9) setting, can someone tell me where this is
defined so I can up it to size 10/11 or 12.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities

RE: Font size change

vishnu-3

Hi Andrew,

I am assuming you are using vim in windows,

1)
Do the following in command line to know the current guifont value
:set guifont=<Tab>

Example:
set guifont=Courier:h9:cANSI

Change the hXX value to increase the font size.

see :h guifont

2)
Go to 'Edit' menu > Select Font

~Vishnu

Behalf

> Of [hidden email]
> Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:50 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Font size change
>

> I am currently trying to change the font size of files being viewed
using

> vim from the default ( 9) setting, can someone tell me where this is
> defined so I can up it to size 10/11 or 12.
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Bridgeman

> This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
> anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited
nor

> any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
> misuse of the transmission by anyone.
>
> For address and company registration details of certain entities
> within the Corus group of companies, please visit
> http://www.corusgroup.com/entities

Re: Font size change

Martin Krischik

Hello,

On 20 Sep., 12:19, [hidden email] wrote:

> I am currently trying to change the font size of files being viewed using
> vim from the default ( 9) setting, can someone tell me where this is
> defined so I can up it to size 10/11 or 12.

You can have a look at my font plugin:

http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1337

Either to use it or to see how fonts are set with various operating
systems.  Multi OS is the most notable feature of the plug-in.

Martin

Re: Font size change

Lambert Esparza
On Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 5:51:31 AM UTC-5, Martin Krischik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 20 Sep., 12:19, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > I am currently trying to change the font size of files being viewed using
> > vim from the default ( 9) setting, can someone tell me where this is
> > defined so I can up it to size 10/11 or 12.
>
> You can have a look at my font plugin:
>
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1337
>
> Either to use it or to see how fonts are set with various operating
> systems.  Multi OS is the most notable feature of the plug-in.
>
> Martin
Martin,

I tried your suggestion for changing the font size while in a VIM session and it worked. I'd like to have it done in the startup file.
In Unix's VI one would put the set options in the ".exrc" file that executed when VI was invoked. what is the VIM equivalent of the ".exrc" file and can I put the example you gave, "set guifont=Courier:h9:cANSI" in the VIM startup file?

Lambert

Re: Font size change

arocker

> what is the VIM equivalent of the ".exrc" file

.vimrc

https://vim.fandom.com/wiki/Example_vimrc is just one of many examples a
search threw up.

Re: Font size change

meine van essen
> > > I am currently trying to change the font size of files being viewed using
> > > vim from the default ( 9) setting, can someone tell me where this is
> > > defined so I can up it to size 10/11 or 12.

in a graphical environment you can set the font and its size in your
.vimrc with `set guifont=Monospace\ 10` for Monospace size 10. it might
conflict or being overruled by the settings of your terminal emulator en
properly set in (eg.) .Xdefaults on BSD and Linux machines. otherwise
look for the font settings of your emulator -- probably right-click to
get a menu where you can change the font and its size.

in console it is set in a global manner, /etc/rc.conf in BSD.

//meine

Re: Font size change

Tony Mechelynck
In gvim the size and shape of the font is defined by the 'guifont'
setting, whose format varies depending on the GUI flavour gvim is
compiled for: Windows, GTK2/3, other-X11, etc., each use a different
format, see https://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_the_font_in_the_GUI

In Vim running in a console terminal, there is _no_ Vim setting for
the font, it uses whatever the terminal is using, and how to set that
varies from one terminal to the other.