Quantcast

Fugitive.vim -- cursorbind

'Suresh Govindachar' via vim_use
Hello,

Very grateful to Tim Pope for having created and shared fugitive.vim and
Drew Neil for his teaching videos on fugitive and associated aspects of git.

I am finding that after a :Gdiff followed by :diffoff, cursorbind remains.

As per this link, an issue with cursorbind was addressed in August 2014
https://github.com/tpope/vim-fugitive/pull/538/commits/8dcaff42c26f7c1ca4958737e6b9d8d9401d6b10?diff=split

I understand that :Gdiff needs to have cursorbind on.

But I see in the code that w:fugitive_diff_restore get assigned a value
without checking if it already exists -- so if someone issues the
command :Gdiff twice, and cursorbind was off before the first :Gdiff,
would w:fugitive_diff_restore not have the incorrect value by getting
assigned the state that cursorbind is on?

However, it could still be that I might be doing something wrong.  Any
suggestions?  I can provide more information if necessary.

Thanks,

--Suresh

Re: Fugitive.vim -- cursorbind

Christian Brabandt
Hi 'Suresh!

On Mi, 15 Mär 2017, 'Suresh Govindachar' via vim_use wrote:

> Very grateful to Tim Pope for having created and shared fugitive.vim
> and Drew Neil for his teaching videos on fugitive and associated
> aspects of git.
>
> I am finding that after a :Gdiff followed by :diffoff, cursorbind remains.
>
> As per this link, an issue with cursorbind was addressed in August
> 2014 https://github.com/tpope/vim-fugitive/pull/538/commits/8dcaff42c26f7c1ca4958737e6b9d8d9401d6b10?diff=split
>
> I understand that :Gdiff needs to have cursorbind on.
>
> But I see in the code that w:fugitive_diff_restore get assigned a
> value without checking if it already exists -- so if someone issues
> the command :Gdiff twice, and cursorbind was off before the first
> :Gdiff, would w:fugitive_diff_restore not have the incorrect value
> by getting assigned the state that cursorbind is on?
>
> However, it could still be that I might be doing something wrong.
> Any suggestions?  I can provide more information if necessary.

Isn't that something for vim-fugitives issue tracker?

Best,
Christian
--
Die großen Flüsse brauchen die kleinen Wasser.
                -- Albert Schweizer

Re: Fugitive.vim -- cursorbind

On 3/15/2017 11:19 PM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> Isn't that something for vim-fugitives issue tracker?

Where is the vim-fugitive issue tracker?

--Suresh

Re: Fugitive.vim -- cursorbind

On 3/16/2017 5:42 AM, 'Suresh Govindachar' via vim_use wrote:
> On 3/15/2017 11:19 PM, Christian Brabandt wrote:
>>
>> Isn't that something for vim-fugitives issue tracker?
>
> Where is the vim-fugitive issue tracker?

Found it -- although google bring up some tracker related to Debian, at
the top of github pages is a horizontal list of items, the second item
being "issue".

I did look for such a thing at fugitive's github site before the
original post, but did not spot it at that time.

--Suresh